Lately i have been feeling very strange. I cant enjoy anything anymore and sleeping/napping isnt as easy as it once was. I miss being able to just go to school, get things done, laugh with friends, and then fall asleep like a normal person! Im a 18 year old female, in college. I have always been an anxious person, my hands usually always sweaty and tingly, always had to yawn or breathe in through my mouth in order to feel satisfied with my breathing. It sometimes grew worse and escalated to panic attacks but i have always been able to handle them. 2 weeks ago i went out with a friend and i felt like i was choking  on my dinner. My throat felt like it was closing up and i felt like i couldn't take a deep breath. However i went home and got over it. The next day i was FINE, went to the mall twice, had a job interview ( no where special just McDonalds) Sure i was kinda anxious but it was nothing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden its 12 midnight and im in my room laying down listenin to Eminem and i have one of my panic attacks where i need to try very hard to obtain a deep breath. I remember being frustrated but shrugging it off and walking around the house. 5 minutes later i am gasping for air, my body starts shaking my hands and feet are colder than usual. (they are usually always cold)  I just couldn't breathe deep, I decided to ignore it and keep breathing but I had this sensation like I was suffocating and I just needed to take that deep breath. I started to freak out and walk up and down my hallway, I go to my parents room and start crying that I can't breathe. My mom tells me to calm down and that it's probably a panic attack but I can't take a deep breath and I start hyperventilating. My hands go numb and then my legs start to go numb and I tell my mom to take me to the emergency room. She gets in the car and I'm still panicking thinking I'm about to die. I start telling my mom I love her and that I'm dying and to tell my bro I love him e.t.c I get to the emergency room and they take forever! They finally take me in and tell me that my lungs sound clear and my oxygen levels are 100% eventually they give me an EKG and tell me that my heart is perfect too. This doesn't calm me down and I'm still freaking out so they give me the lowest dose of xanax and send me home telling me to go to a psychiatrist for anxiety. I go home and although I am sleepy the breathing is still on my mind! It was driving me insane. The next days I woke up feeling doom in my chest like I was going to die and hyperventilating again! Eventually my mom takes me to a regular doctor and she tells me my oxygen levels are fine, does an EKG says its fine and takes three tubes of blood for a blood test. She says to come back next week for results. She also says she thinks I have anxiety and gives me lorazepam to relax until I see a psychiatrist. So I see a psychiatrist and he tells me it's severe anxiety, gives me lexapro, tells me to take lorazepam at night and gabapentin three times a day. I take the lorazepam and the antidepressants but I refuse to take gabapentin because it seemed too much. Ok so fast forward I start feeling a little better, the feeling of doom is gone and I open up a bit to my family instead of being in bed all day. Now the problem is the breathing thing still bothers me so much that it makes me feel like I have a lung problem. I randomly start crying out of frustration. So I go back to regular doc and she says my blood test results came out great and that I'm very healthy girl and to just lose weight and exercise. How do I exercise if I'm struggling to take a deep breath all the time? Also I have been trying to keep a diet. The thing is the shortness of breath follows me everywhere and I can't enjoy life. Now my nose has been getting stuffed and its making it worse. I feel like my nose gets stuffed on its own. No matter what I use or do it still stays stuffed. My breathing problems are still there and they make me nervous of having another attack. When I travel to go to college or see my friend it happens on the bus. I can't live like this and I  hoping this medication does more than just take away the feeling of doom. I want to breathe like a normal person. When I do breathing exercises I feel like it makes it worse. I can't focus on school work and I feel abnormal. Also when i breathe in deep or TRY it makes my back hurt, more specifically my right shoulder blade. im not as nervous because i dont get numb and tingly anymore but im frustrated and it deff makes me feel anxious so im scared its going to make me extra anxious to the point i end up back at the Emergency Room where they are not able to help me anyways. Everyone tells me there is nothing to worry about and that im fine considering my blood tests and stuff. They said if i had some type of pulmonary disease i would of known by now. WHAT THE HECK is Wrong with me then? i deff dont feel like im healthy. I hate traveling and going to school because i look like a freak trying to yawn or with my mouth open all the time and Plus its very uncomfortable and even scary when it gets bad. I just want to be normal again and be able to sleep as soon as i hit the bed. i also feel like burping a lot but thats prob  because of the extra air. I dont feel like i have acid reflux. these problems seem to go away once i fall asleep. please help me i cannot focus in school, typing this was hard!!!! The lorazapam or what ever its called doesnt seem to be helping anymore. i dont want to take higher dosage because i dont want to be addicted. By the way i dont smoke, drink or do any drugs. IDK Why im so screwed up? Whats wrong with me? Can this all be just anxiety? my stuffy nose seems to come outta no where too.

yes all of that is aniexty and you won't get addited to lorazpam that quickly.

To me , it does sound like anxiety and panic attacks. I have had them for 20 years. It is not fun. I do smoke only for 7 years. I could go on forever about my issues. My email is

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

. Or we can talk on here.

Iv dealt with this exact thing for months now whenever i eat my throat feels like it swells shut. I barely go anywhere because my chest constantly feels tight im on lorazapam to. Iv learned to deal with my attacks for most part all doctors even er which iv been to 5 times because of attacks said i was fine. You just have to keep telling yourself your ok and find someone to talk to. It sucks i still cant function enough to get a job because i feel like ima die at any moment from my throat swelling shut or the weird tingling feeling in my chest like a heart attack. I know im ok yet still feel bad its slow but youll get their im here to talk as someone who understands. 23 m anxiety/panic attacks for 8 months

Yes. It all of what you listed seems like you suffer aniexty. I really hope you find a healthy way to manage your anxiety. Aromatherapy and meditation can help reduce anxiety and panic attacks.