Hello, I need a good advice! My girlfriend is making our relationship so difficult, I don’t know what to do. I tried to talk to her, but it didn’t work out. She is being more paranoid day after day. She doesn’t trust me about anything I say, and she has a constant fear that I am cheating on her. That is ridiculous, because I am not that kind of person, and she knows it! I love her, but I don’t know how much longer will I be able to put up with her paranoia!

Hello, I know how you feel, I had the same problem with my ex husband who was paranoid. I loved him, and I was always faithful to him. But he was acting like he didn’t know any of that. He was following me to work and even checking up on me every time I went out with my friends. I always invited him to come with us, but it was easier for him to stay home and be paranoid. A year ago, I finally had enough of this behavior, so I filed for divorce. I often think about him and I miss him, but when I remember all the embracing situations he put me through, I am glad that it is over. His paranoia made me anxious, and I am still recovering. Maybe you could try to talk to her again or even go to counseling together, but if she still doesn’t appreciate what she has with you, I‘m not shore that she is worth your time and love.

It is usually from being screwed over in previous relationships. I was jealous for a while in my relationship and still am a little bit, but am learning how to control it since i realized of what kind of jealousy it is. I have the kind of jealousy where i want other girls to know that my man is taken and that they can't do anything to take him from me. We have both been screwed over in past relationships so had a little trouble trusting each other in the beginning. Basically, relationships will not work if you do not trust each other. I've explained to my man that it's not that i don't trust him..i trust him completely..i just don't trust other girls. I told him what i get jealous about and it is if girls hit on him, grab him, or try to kiss him or anything. hugs i'm not worried about. but he is the same way towards guys with me so it's easier to control it. you just have to build trust for each other. hope this helps.

Hi Porth,

It sounds to me like your girlfriend may have had a "not so good" experience with a previous partner, or has been exposed to someone who may have been untrustworthy in relationships - which is obviously impacting on her current relationship with you.

Have you suggested that she talk to a counselor about this? It might be worthwhile to subtly suggest this to her at an appropriate time.

All the best.

Cassie
Happy Life Space

May be she is PPD, exactly as what I am facing...