Okay so I'm 15 years and there's this girl I like but I just don't know what to do about it. I don't know how to approach her, what to say to her, how to act around her, what are signs she likes me, how to carry on a conversation, and how to ask her out.

Like I've talked to her and stuff but I don't always know what to talk about without seeming like a loser or an id**t or making her feel uncomfortable or awkward

What sort of things do girls like in a guy too?

I need and appreciate your help

Daniel

Hi Daniel: Welcome to teenagehood honey!!!!!! WE ALL have been through this and STILL go through it. It's a game, a game of chances - wins - losses - dropping the ball - etc. My 14 year old is going through the exact same thing.

I will tell you what I tell him, just be yourself, find out your common interests and see if you guys can get together to do that common interest - even if its video games or movies or swimming etc. Don't think about asking her out, till you get to know her a little better, then asking her will come easily. If you keep it easy and free and light hearted it doesn't upset you or her. It's just normal and regular.

Girls want to be treated with respect and decency, they want to know that they matter. There are so many girls out there right now who are treated terrible by guys - like their pieces of meat. And they start feeling lower than a snakes belly. So if you were to come around and really make them feel that they mean the world to you, then they will respond in kind. If you have a good sense of humour, this will pass on to her too. You will be someone that she wants to hang around with. Just be comfortable in yourself and confident in yourself! Think "Why wouldn't she want to go out with me, I'm a good guy" Because IF you feel bad about yourself then that is passed on to others. It gives a negative impression. Just be yourself honey! If you think about it if your not yourself then how can you keep that up and if she like that strange person, then the relationship is doomed. OR the bad side is iIF she doesn't like the other you, then your toast! You can't come back and say "I was just trying to be someone I'm not!" So just relax, keep it light, ask her if she wants to see a movie - and ask her what she wants to see. And if she wants to bring a girlfriend so be it, sometimes girls are nervous to move forward. You could also try to go out with your friends and her friends as in a group?

So be outward and yourself and just have faith in yourself OK? Good luck honey!

Hello! seems like a good idea to get some info from a woman herself=). Soo, I just wanna say off the bat, its not deffinite with this girl. Its could be just a flake, or it could be a great thing. How long have you known her for? Are you guys just friends or are you someone she just knows? I can tell you, its all very confusing. If shes a best friend, it could get messy. My best friend fell in love with me. He was someone I have known since I was literally in diapers. When he "pledged his love to me", it was awkward, because I didn't feel that way for him. Theres alot of different hints though that you can take.

DO NOT BE CONTROLLING OR CLINGY. Thats one of the main things you NEED to realize. Most guys think its all the girl. Yeah right. Too many guys make the wrong decision by thinking that a girl wants a guy on her hip 24/7. No. We can be just like you and want our freedom.

Don't be controlling either. Noone likes it..She'll just think that your an arrogant jerk.

Just be cool lol. I don't recommend asking her out right away if you just met her. I would just try to be her friend and see where that goes. Maybe you'll like her once you know her, or vise versa.

I know this sounds dorkish but try talking to her Online. That can REALLY help break the ice. It works. Just don't be stalkerish about it lol. That way, if you guys get into a great conversation, you can talk about it the next day or something. If she gives you her number, thats even better. Don't automatically assume that she likes you though if she talks to you alot. Most girls can't find a decent guy who will just simply talk to them=).

It'll get easier as time goes by. Keep us posted!

Hi Daniel, I think that we can give you all the advice in the world but I think the best thing you can do is actually talk to her. She's not a cobra! She's just a girl. Say hi, ask her questions, talk to her. Just listen to her. Find out things she likes. Find out things you have in common. Turn those things in common that you find into dates--she's into video games, ask her to come play video games with you. All women are different. The moment you start treating them like they're all the same, you'll never make it with any of them.

Does that sound helpful? What do you think? Have you talked to her yet? :)

OKay man, i spent ALL 9th grade over this one girl, first girl i asked to a dance. I felt something with her. but she didnt with me. and i found the girl who does, and when you do youll know it okay? what im saying is, just stay cool man, the girl will come to you, well not literally. but i mean, when you meet the girl, if its this one, youll know it, i promise. and heres a tip i got MYSELF from my friend, especially if your having " multiple-crushes- problems"

"Choose who your happiest around"
i hope that helps

This is coming from a sixteen year old girl. Just talk to her. Get to know her and don't ask her out right away. Find out what common thread runs through both of your lives and go off of that. Hang out at school and outside of school. I can guarantee that some girls act differently in or out of school because of boys they like, etc. DON'T BE CONTROLLING and TREAT HER WITH RESPECT. I'm not trying to yell at you, I just wanted those two points to be noticed :) My ex-boyfriend treated me like I was one of his guy friends because he didn't know how to treat a girlfriend compared to a crush. With crushes most guys are flirty and not rude, but sometimes speak before they think. Sometimes you should just think it. Especially if you don't know whether she'll like it or not. Be nice. That is all I can say. Listen to her when she wants to talk to you. Don't watch her body, watch her personality.

Hey Daniel, did you ever end up asking that girl out? I know it's been a month but I'd like to hear if you ever did or not and if any of our advice helped you out. Let me know, okay? :-)

Hey everyone, I appreciate all the advice..

Sorry it has been a few months.. I still haven't asked her out yet.. about the same situation as when I originally posted.. maybe a bit of progress..

Life has been pretty busy and hectic the last few months and we haven't had much time to talk .. aside from texting... Which I don't really enjoy.. I'd rather be able to actually talk to her.. except we're both pretty shy

We only had once class together the entire year so that made it a little bit more difficult to talk

and with texting I dont want to seem stalkerish and like im bothering her all the time... I still really like her but I just dont feel any progress has been made

We have some friends in common but its hard to have a sort of mutual meeting time .. and when we did we ended up at a movie.. and I was sitting completely away from her :\

and now summer's here and thats fantastic but everyone has left on vacation and I dont wanna make it to obvious that I really like her by just asking her to hang out.. and pretty soon shes going to BC. for a few weeks

can anyone offer more advice??

My advice is ACTION now. Don't procrastinate. Girls like boys with self confidence. Keep me updated on your progress. Looking forward for your good news.

My son is in the same position right now! So what he has done is he started talking to her on Facebook, and they have set a date - when she is back from holidays - for them to go to the mall and start shopping for stuff for school! I thought that was pretty ingenious of him actually! So give that a try! Also there are a bunch of movies coming out in the next couple of weeks before school's back, so just non chalontley just say "Hey do you want to catch that Steve Carrell Movie?" just make it light and not a big deal! Remember she feels the EXACT same way about boys as you feel about girls! It is a terrifying time, but also can be a wonderful time! I have 2 friends that have been together since they were 14 - they are now 46 and have 3 children! So know that it isn't ALL heartache and being uncomfortable too OK?

Also depending on where she went in BC, she might be back sooner - because of ALL the fires right now! It's BAD!!