I know with some vitamins there is a difference (vitamin C & ester C, Calcium and Coral Calcium) but what about supplements used for weight lifting / general fitness?

I am currently taking COEnzyme Q-10, L-Carnitine, Green Tea Extract, Flax Seeds, Fish Body Oils, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Gingko Biloba, a multivitamin, and, finally, vitamins that help eye sight.

Practically all this is coming from GNC. It's really a budget cruncher. However, I'm afraid to buy something from Walgreens because I don't if it's of same quality. Call it a marketing gimmick, but I trust GNC.

Anyway, Walgreens is having a buy-1-get-1 free sale and I'm really starting to think about this.

So, I want your advice... is there a difference between brands when it comes to, say, L-Carnitine?

Let me know. Thank you!

Honestly, I'm not sure if GNC has good quality, but you can always choose for yourself.

Huge chances are that supplements sold at a supermarket are made synthetically. That's the problem with a lot of vitamins nowadays. They're made from cheap synthetic materials and chemicals that aren't very good for you. You want supplements made from natural sources.

I'd go to a health food store and buy there. Or, if that's too much money, buy from NOW or Nature's Way on eBay. Those are companies that make their supplements from all-natural sources and are often sold at health food stores. I suggest those because they're sold often on eBay.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but here goes. I use to shop at GNC, but don't anymore. I found a web site that sells vitamin supplements at great prices. Their quality is excellent. I've been shopping with them for almost ten years. has been in business for some thirty years or so. You decide.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

You're better off with finding a company that is more natural. Synthetic production is not ideal. I'll have to ask my brother in law. He's big on a couple of brands that he swears is more healthy. As he says, you get what you pay for. Besides, I know the cheaper vitamins tend to have unnecessary fillers and such.

Be Healthy,
Renee'