Hello. I'm 25 year old worried husband. You see, just recently we have found out that my wife is pregnant.
We were thrilled when we heard about the news although we didn’t plan it to be this quick. We were even using oral contraceptives in the first months of our marriage.
Anyway, the baby is great and the pregnancy is going really well. But, she has developed some strange skin disorder. Her face recently become dark colored. It looks really strange and I have read somewhere that it is called Melasma. Is this something serious and should we look for some professional help!

Hello. I have also heard about this Melasma and it has got me interested.
What I know about it- Melasma is a very common skin disorder, especially among pregnant women and those who use oral contraceptives which means that it has something to do with hormones. Sun exposure is also a risk factor for melasma.
Although this Melasma condition isn’t anything serious that should worry you- I suggest you to contact your dermatologist to receive an appropriate therapy.
It can be easily cured with a tretinoin cream and a bleaching cream containing hydroquinone.

I started using birth control pills and after using them for about two months I developed Melasma. Of course I stopped taking the pills, but all I have left is Melasma I have always been very beautiful, but this skin disorder affected greatly my self-estime. I have tried Htdriquinone 2%, 4%, triluma, cucumbers, vitamin C ,Alpha Lipoic Acid & DMAE cream.

Cucumbers and La Bella cream with vitamin C ,Alpha Lipoic Acid & DMAE did help without over drying my skin. It is not gone completely, but it is less noticeable. I do not use make up. instead i use a broncer to even out my skin tone. I treat my skin as my most valuable trasure.