im 15 and go on my holiday soon i am due to start my period the day we go and come off the day after we come back is there anything that i can do to stop me comming on that week without my parents knowing and that i can get from a chemist.

Birth control pills can prevent you from getting your period as long as you continue taking them without the recommended 7-day break. This can be done every now and then for exactly the reason you mention (eg. going on holiday, going camping, getting married, performing in the Olympics, etc!) It isn't recommended long-term bc it prevents the lining of the uterus from being sloughed off (although in truth, the lining is thinner while on the pill and can largely be reabsorbed).

Unfortunately, there's nothing I know of that will prevent you from getting it if you aren't already on the pill, certainly nothing you could get without a prescription. If you have a clinic or doctor's office handy, you can get some birth control pills to take before leaving, but will need to get on them several weeks in advance of your expected period - the usual time to start them is within seven days of your period starting. To prevent the next period from coming, simply finish the 21 days of active pills and start taking the next package immediately after that without giving yourself the recommended 7-day break or 7 days of inactive pills (this would usually be the time during which you'd get your period). The doctor who prescribes them can outline this method further.

Note that you don't have to be sexually active to be on the pill. Lots of women and girls take it to prevent cramping, lighten their flow or to regulate periods which are irregular. Many also take it to improve acne.

Depo-Provera is an injectable method of birth control which ultimately will cause one to stop getting their period altogether while on it, but I wouldn't recommend it for your purposes because it takes a while for that to happen, and in the short-term can cause a lot of sporadic bleeding.

Hope that helps!

I have taken chamomille tea like like 2 days before I left for vacation, try to take it after each meal and that will stop it..

yes chamomile tea one or two days before you go on vacation or plan to go to the pool or something.

does this work , as i am going on a holiday and really don't want mine ?!

well if your going on holiday in 1 week or so you could drink 4 green teas a day wich tastes like normal tea but with no milk you do this for a couple of days then it should be over by the time your on holiday but just to let you know you might be starting the next day and if you are you might of delayed it for until your on holiday.<3:-)

Hi! I go on holiday in 6 days, does this really work? I'm Due for my period te day I leave which sucks so trying to either delay it or start it early? Think it should work?? Thanks