I am currently 17, and I have been getting my period since about 11....I'm trying to make a period calender and map it out but I dont know at what point to put that my period is over...I get blood as normal, but then during the last 3 days or so it's this brownish mucus- after that is over do i really call it the end of my period? or just when the blood stops? And is the brownish mucus something I should be worried about? My fiance and I have been trying to get pregnant and have been having issues- I dont want something to be wrong with me...Please if you can't be nice dont respond- thank you for all your help!

Hi guest,

It really doesn't matter when your period ends.

The key is when do you ovulate.  Usually, if you are on a 28 day cycle, that would be between days 11-16 of your cycle.  Day 1 is when your period starts.

You can find out when you ovulate by tracking what is called basal body temperature.  Basically, you take your temperature at the same time every day.  Your body temperature will start out low, peak just as you ovulate, then drop slightly.  Doing this for a few months can establish your exact time of ovulation. 

Sperm is viable for about 5 days.  The egg is only viable about 48 hours after ovulation.  As you track the dates you'll find the best time to have sex to get pregnant.

Hope it helps, good luck.