HOW DO I MAKE MY PERIOD LIGHTER!!!

you could go on the pill, some doctors prescribe it to women who have heavy periods. it makes them shorter and lighter.

But what if your young like me and youre not aloud to go on the pill ?

I'm kind of young too, but I changed my diet to healthier foods, and i also (i stopped this though, it was a bother for me) took multivitamins for women. but i still need help figuring out how to get a lighter period. too young to take a pill, and i can't and prolly won't get used to my new diet... :-(

If you go to you docto there are other pills they can give you that isnt the pill which will make your period lighter and if you get bad cramps also make them more bearable.

1. Eat lots of fruits and Veggies. ( Bananas are amazing for cramps)3
2.Exercise and stretch ( getting involved in a sport so its not so boring)
3.Take some Vitamins
4. Drink lots of water
5. Green Tea and Tension Tamer tea is amazing
6. Get plenty of rest
7. STAY AWAY FROM STRESS
8. Heating pads/hot showers are your best friend.
I'm young too.These things usually help me a lot with the Cramps also helps shorten and lighten things up.
Hope this helps you out if not talk to your doctor girlie don't be shy they are there to help.

What do you do with the heating pad? and does this really work?

I'm on the pill... I went on when I was 14 because I was cramping so much and they were really heavy. However, my mum wouldnt approve so I just havent told her. Im getting on just fine on the pill.
I understand though that you may be closer to your parents than I am so I'll tell you this.... I went to France for a week holiday with my friend when I was 13. When we were out there I came on and I was in so much pain I couldnt get out of bed. My friend and her mum went to the pharmacy and bought me these pills that lighten your period and totally get rid of the cramps. I'm taking GCSE French now and am able to read the prescription leaflet that I found the other day. Turns out that it contains Paracetimal (dunno if i spelt that right). This thins the blood making your flow lighter and the cramping to go.
My advice is to go to the chemist and see what they give you... in the mean time take some paracetimal and see if it works

Good Luck

Take 4 advil 2 days before you start.

I've read that you place the heating pad on your lower abdomen, i guess to get the blood flowing faster. I'm not sure how well it works though. I haven't tried it myself but a lot of articles i read recomended this.

This is coming from an EMT in training that it is much safer to just drink alot of water to help cramps. Cramps come from when the blood is tearing away from the cervics so if you drink water the blood and the cervics both stay moist and the cramps are little to none and its safe and you dont have keep it from your parents. Believe me when I say your body will get used to pills and wont want to opperate correctly without them if you take them too much I can say this from experiance becausr if I use a pain killer I have to get a strong drug perscribed by the dr.

hello, i have the answer to your question! there is many ways to lighten your period, natural, over the counter, and just pain meds like ibuprofen.

birth control regulates and lightens your period.

I've had prolonged periods and extremely heavy ones to, i started taking ibuprofen twice a day. it lightened my period and it ended after being prolonged for 2 months. (b4 i started taking the ibuprofen)

and last but not least the natural ways would be to exercise routenly. yoga is common for women,  and swimming is good too. uhmm eating fruits and veggies, chicken and fish. and to prevent bloating, cramping, and acne (pms) stay away from salty foods, carbs, red meats, dairy, and sugars!

P.s if ur in canada like me, if ur over 12 u can see a doctor and get birth control with out them having to let your parents know....

so if i do all of this it will be lighter???

im 13 and its my 6th month in the cycle and its really heavy i do all theses things and it doesn't help but im lucky i dont get the cramps that bad but it is so heavy when it happens on surprise i have to go home and take a shower and come back to school its really embarrassing  

Do yhu take the pill on yhu period or before?