Has anyone else here noticed an increase in seizure activity a few days before your menstrual cycle? I did and my doctor thinks that hormones have a lot to do with it and even suggested either a hystertomy or monthly depo provera shots. Does anyone have any idea what can it be?

It seems that many women experienced seizures around the period and they tend to occur more frequently at certain time of their menstrual cycle. It does appear that if women have seizures that are sensitive to hormone changes and while they are "going through the change," the seizures may be more variable. I’ve got the hormone treatment combination of progesterone and estrogen for three months now. The hormone treatment seems to work best.

I started experiencing pre-menstrual, nocturnal seizures when I turned 40. The neurologists could find nothing wrong with me. So, they're conclusion is to label me epileptic and put me on the drug Dilantin forever. Wrong! Sounds great for the doctors and the drug companies, but that's not at all good for me or my health. The cause of the seizures should be found and corrected, if possible. I believe the cause of my seizures is hormonal - as they only occur a few days prior to my periods. I have found a progesterone cream made to help. There is also an herbal mixture that I acquired for seizure prevention - much better for me than drugs with awful side-effects. Unfortunately, these alternatives can be hard to find. I was very lucky that I found a lady named Ruth Burton. A company called Nature's Sunshine was gracious enough to give me her home phone number - as she is 84 and not computer literate. She authored the book "herbs for all creatures" and she has changed my life forever - for the better. It is her life's mission to help and inform others. She is more than eager to help with any questions you might have about any ailments. As a "Thank You" for what she has done for me and to help others find her, I set up a web page with her contact information: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed. I will also forward any requests for information or help sent to the e-mail account I set up for her: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
. Good Luck!