Hi there,
Before you read my concern.. I wasn't sure wiether to put this post in "Urinary Tract Infections" forum.. or here.. I thought it wouldn't matter..

Anywho, I have a couple other posts up for answers... Maybe this will help more..

I have been getting a green discharge about a day after I started taking Apo-Sulfatrim DS 800/160 (prescribed to me on Nov.3, 14 tablets).. the Doc said she's treating it as a "bladder infection".. I'm guessing a ITU b/c she said there was blood in my urine after they tested it.

I have also been taking birth control for about 8 months now..
So.. I started taking my medicine as directed (1 pill, 2x a day).. I started with my first pill on Nov.3, when I got them that day.. I took 1 b/c it was past afternoon. Then the next day I took 1 when I woke up and 1 before I go to sleep. So today is Nov.7. I started this discharge about Nov.5, and it was a faint, light-green color. Till today... was kinda a thick more noticable, light-green color and a bit thick when I wiped after urinating. There was some on my panty-liner as well....

Could this be the medications way of taking the infection out?
Is this normal?

I'm REALLY concerned.. I feel like it might be the medication taking the infection out.. I'm gunna continue taking my pills till they are done and see if I need to re-visit the Doc.

I have no fever, I'm drinking ALOT of water... it also doesn't burn when I urinate... Since I got the infection it hasn't burned at all when I urinate... I do get sharp pains in the bladder area once in awhile during daily things, as well as some dull pains in my right, lower abdomin.
Can a UTI be that way??

ANYWAYS... you may of noticed how concerned I am.. and HOPEFULLY someone will give me some kind of reply to help me some.

Thanx for your time on reading this!

So, Apo-Sulfatrim is an antibiotic, right? I had never heard of it before and when I look for info not a lot shows up, but if you were taking it for a UTI, I assume it is an antibiotic? I do know that some antibiotics can lead to both excessive or unusual vaginal discharge and vaginal itching. Green vaginal discharge is usually associated with infections rather than side effects, but who knows? Perhaps that's exactly what is going on here! Why don't you give your doctor a call and ask whether green discharge is normal/heard of with this medication? 

Good luck!

Your post it caught my interest. It has been about a week that I am experiencing the green discharage. For several months before I have experienced a dull, cramping pain in the lower abdomen area, no fever and no burning when I urinate. I went to the doctor for the discomfort and he did all kinds of tests and did not find anything. Unlike you, I have not been taking any medications, not even birth controle pills, however I noticed this after I had a tubal ligation, I thought it was some how related to that procedure. What was the final diagnosis for your symptom?

I don't know about the green discharge but I thought I would share about my UTI experiences. I have had UTI's off and on for over a year, with the only symptons being cloudy urine and sharp stabbing pains in the pubic area. I never have burning, or frequency, and most of the time the doctors can't detect the infection. Antibiotics do me no good, and I've gone natural to deal with them. The most effective method I have found so far is to take D Mannosse every two hours, for 3-7 days. Also, uti infection loves acidic urine, so I eat a lot of green vegetables and drink green drink (wheat grass juice) to alkalize my urine. The infection can only live in alkalized urine for ten days, and then it will die on it's own.

Hello. I too am dealing with the same type of discharge. I had a tubaligation 4 years ago. Within a month, I began having this type of discharge. For 4 years now I have been treated in a military hospital for several "yeast, bacterial and UTI infections". I finally have a midwife that tested me for every possible STD, and infection known to her. In looking at my slides taken from her exam, she states there are alot of white blood cells (showing an infection) and lots of cells that she (nor anybody in the women's health clinic) are aware of. So at this point, I am waiting for an appointment to have my clips from my tubal removed. They have came to the conclusion this is the cause of my infection. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Ok I will share my story and what has gone on with me and hopefully one of us will eventually get some answer that might help the others out. Almost two months ago I went to the Dr for a full checkup due to getting married and I have an autoimmune and heart disease so we did a full checkup to make sure everything was in form for a very stressful, long and hot weekend. EVERYTHING was great. From my appointment on that Thursday to the next Wednesday I had developed such a horrible uti that it had spread into my uterus and on. I went through a shot of rosefin, and a full 14 day round of levaquin, flagyl and zithromax. Two weeks later I am still having really bad pains and discharge. We did a 24 hour urine collection to try and grow bacteria and nothing came back. The Dr put me on some medicine to help with the pain that numbs your bladder. Again the discharge and cloudy urine with blood in it was still there three weeks later. To make a long story short the constant pain finally went away with the pain now being twinges in my right side which I know is not an appendix pain because I no longer have mine. A full pap smear and several swabs and urine samples later we are still having massive amounts of blood and a snotty green like discharge when I urinate. My next step is to have a scope done on my bladder to see if they can find something inside that is not showing up on other tests. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my Dr repeated the entire dosages of ALL of the antibiotics again with no results. From time to time my discharge changes from the green to a brown bloody and then back to the green. It has no smell and does not burn when I urinate. We even treated for a yeast infection just to say we have treated everything. I have severe tenderness in my cervix as well. If anyone figures their situation out let me know.

Green discharge can be a sign of HPV. They do specific tests for this now along with a papsmear so you might want to get checked for this. I get green discharge from time to time and I have had HPV and cervical dysplasia on and off for several years. Most women will get HPV in thier lifetime and most do not know they have it. Hope this helps.

HI! i am having a few of the same symptoms and im very concerned it may be something relating to my general health! I had a yeast infection about 2 months ago, or so i believed...and It was bothering me so much that finally i went and picked up the over the counter perscription for vaginal antifungal called Tioconazole 1day while i was waiting in my car dor my fiance to get off of work. its recomended to ask your doctor before use but i was such in a panic that at that instant i didnt care about anything else but making it go away. So i bought it from the walmart i was parked infront of ran to the bathroom and used it, along with an anti-itch cream called vagisil...I went back to my car and it itched for a little while but then the syptoms a couple of hours later (about 2) were gone just like that and i was relieved....however the following day around the same time I was at the walmart again to pick up my fiance and I started to itch so extreme that I had me crying my eyes out! It wasnt long after that all of the sudden i felt something burst in my pants and i felt something slimy going down my leg (so sorry its so graffic but Im so worried i dont want to miss a thing) and then again instant relief!!!!!after the burst I quickly pulled down my pants and there was a slimy lime green discharge! It did not have any odor to it at all and alot came out but that was the only time it came out ever! after that episode all of my symptoms went completly away. HOWEVER that did not stop me from paying my doctor a visit. the day I went however I just started my period and wasnt able to have any tests run on me. I was givin and appointment for the following week which bothered me because I was sure by then my syptoms might have cleared up and not have been as recognisable. Keep in mind that the only partner I have had sex with in the past 3 years is my fiance and I have been tested but I never thought about him before but he has not givin me any complications in the past.So for my next appointment I received the pap smear and urine test...everything came back normal....Also during my appointment I was perscribed birth control, the nuvaring...but there is something not right because since then I seem to be getting more and more yeast infection like symtoms. However this is not new either because even before my episode I felt to be having yeast infections but they were comming back negative....there are sooo many possiblities out there and it scares me because I dont know where to begin and Im told pap smears and certain tests are not as effective as we are told to believe. I just want these symptoms to go away so I can have some relief in my life. any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!thanks so much!

You have herpies, which can only b tested thru blood and this test is not included in the STD package when you ask to be tested for all std.

Hi, everyone I just wanted to let you all know please trying to diagnose your problems. If you don't have a medical license such as gyn or some other it is better for you to go and get a checkup.

May be you should protect yourself by getting some cervical vaccine.cervix vaccine.and you have to inspect your house hygienicaly. We are prone to infections like these if our envitonment is not that ckean or disinfected. For instance:beds, linens,pillows,carpets..if this are places you most likely to have sex, you need to clean em every week and disinfect.notice that it maybe because of termites or bacteria going inside you whenever you make out.Second is personal hygiene..always take a shower first before having sex. Bacteria s everywhere even from your beau.Also, it may sound like a kill joy but stop doing oral sex. No matter how clean your mouth from brushing em saliva still carries bacteria that stays in yourpartner and be transfered inside your vagina and can cause infection.another is smoking, if you are smoking..stop it.You may also want to change laundry soap and pantyliners.I guess my whole point here is staying clean inside and out.what you intake in your body is what you discharge.stay clean. We have the same issues the past year of my life.And now I could never be healthier and cleaner and confident with my body.

You need to drink plenty of water with this medication. :)

This is exactly what I'm going through right now. I cannot get any answers. Did you ever get to the bottom of the issue?

you need to see an OBGYN specialist not just your regular Doctor. Or for that matter maybe even a Urologist