I had a gum graft four days ago. The recovery was going well. Then, pain increased again and there is an increase in swelling. I understand that this can be normal. How do I know that it is not an infection? And should I do anything about it?

Well,

I know that there are several gum grafts, which one have you done? If I am not mistaking connective tissue graft is the most common one that people usually do. Has your dentist told you about any binderies in next few weeks? I know that you have to be carefull about your diet and about physical activities as well. Also medication should be monitored as well so you don’t have any complications after the procedure. The pain is normal and it shouldn’t last too long. But if the pain is too hard you should see your dentist again and check on your wound to see if everything is going as planned.

Good luck,

Karel