Celebrity

hi guys, so I am really, really scared about my teeth issue, about my mouth issue - I don't know how to call it.

anyway, I went to visit my dentist because I felt some pain in my gums. after he checked me, he told me that it seems that I will have to go to a bone surgery because of the gum disease. What is this? What does this mean? 

is it something dangerous?

I was wondering did anyone had bone surgery because of gum disease? How did it go? any possible complications or something similar?

tnx in advance. 

You really will have to take off from your work, to deal with all of those issues. My sister had this surgery. First, she noticed the blood in her gums, so she asked for a bleeding gums treatment but it was not so successfully. Obviously, she needed to find a deeper cause of this problem.

This is called a bone grafting, and it is actually a surgical procedure that promotes the growth of bone in an area. Anyone who had it knows how this pain is. But it is successfully. At least, it was successful in my sister's case. Don't worry, if you have a right dentist, no need to be scared. 

if you ask me, the worse experience that I ever had.
I was in pain even if I was following my dentist instructions and even if I were using antibiotics, taking care of my mouth and oral care, etc. So, using drugs is something that is "MUST". You have to follow the instructions, you need to use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep the area clean in order to avoid some infection. Also, don't exercise, don't do anything heavy. Eat soft foods a couple of days after the surgery and of course, don't you think that you can smoke. In most of the cases, the dentist will scheduled an appointment to his office after week or two.
He will check how this healing process is going.

hello everyone!
I did!
four months ago, I think.
well, it is hard to tell how this recovery process will go, because it depends on how severe your disease is. it also depends a lot on your general health and don't want to mention the type of procedure you had.
that is why it is very important to follow your dentist instructions in order to get well soon.
I know that I got the antibiotics and he orderer me to use a special mouth rinse or take an antibiotic after the surgery.
also, I was not able to brush teeth in some parts because it was painful.

I need to tell you that this is one really ugly surgery. I mean, it is not ugly because it is complicated, but because you feel the pain and you are not able to function with your mouth normally, to eat, to talk, etc...for a while.

True, mine was a little bit complicated and it costed about 2.000 dollars. Price can vary up to 10.000, you need to know that.

Also, when it comes to your recovery progress, you need to know that every case is unique by itself. That means that your recovery depends on how severe your disease is, your overall health and of course, how difficult was the procedure that you had.

But it is not pleasant, at all...

Hi there.
Some gums diseases are hard to treat, even more hard to handle. When it comes to a bone surgery, you need to let your dentist to explain to you very good and very well what this is all about. I had this bone grafts and as far as I know, as my dentist explained to me, this procedure involves using fragments of your own bone, synthetic bone, or donated bone to replace a bone that has been destroyed during a gum disease. Tnx to the new technologist this surgery is very successful. In my case, everything was very well.

Hi there. It is very important not to be scared. As soon as you eliminate the fear, that means that you trust your dentist and that this all will be just fine. That is the first step. Sure, I can't say that I wasn't scared when my dentist told me for the first time that I am going to have this surgery, but I love because he waited me to feel safe about this whole situation and than he scheduled this surgery. He didn't rushed me, but he was telling me how important this surgery is for me. Anyway, after it was done, pain was there, of course, I won't lie to you, but thanks to all of those painkillers that I was using and my god boos who let me rest for a 10 days, stress about job was OK and I was OK.
So, you will be fine as well.