I have been on Weight Watchers and exercising like crazy since January resulting in a 60 lb weight loss. I feel and look great. I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, whole grains, etc but I continue to lose hair:( I did not lose weight rapidly so I dont understand why my hair continues to thin. Any ideas?

Hi hon: This is a very common event actually! When we loose weight our body starts to save energy, that's why it gets harder to loose the weight - plateau - after you've lost quite a bit already! So the same thing happens with our hair folicles it starts conserving energy too, so it doesn't replenish as much as it used too! Thus the falling out! The hair WILL stabalize and grow back when you have stopped dieting - either by reaching your goal or just not dieting! It can take upto 6 months for you to notice all the new regrowth as our hair grows 1/2 inch per month! So don't worry too much - also too much Vitamin A causes us to loose hair! So with your larger intake of Vegetables and Fruit will also be contributing to this! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on your incredible weight loss! Start taking Biotin and Folic acid, this will help with your hair too! Good luck and health!

Wow, I actually didn't realize that losing hair was part of the weight loss process. I was going to say that I thought that the two would be unrelated but Bambi has shown me that she knows a heck of a lot. Seriously though, 60 lb. in weight loss is incredible! Congrats to you and good luck with the hair regrowth. I'm sure that it should come back if it's related to vitamin A.

Thanks Bambi! I will stop stressing over it, which I am sure is not helping;) Thanks for the weight loss feed back, I am really enjoying my new healthy lifestyle! :-D

You're welcome hon! I WISH I could loose the same amount of weight! BUT I LOVE My Hair too much!!!!! ;-) ;-) XD XD XD JK

I'm really glad to hear that too! I always recommend for stress that you try meditating because that can really improve your mood. Had you thought of that at all?