Hi there! I am in the 6 month of pregnancy and lately I started having very bad thoughts that my baby would stop breathing. It is quite possible that the thoughts are connected with what I had read about SIDS. What causes this death and is there anything I could do to decrease the risks of it???

Hello! My sister’s child died when he was 3 months old. He was a perfectly normal and healthy baby when it happened. Nobody still knows the reason.
Scientifically reasons of SIDS stay unexplained as well. There have been many researches on this topic but all the possible causes are being ruled out through autopsy, death scene investigation and reviews of medical history. As causes are unknown, there aren’t many things one could do to prevent this from happening. However, there are some recommendations: it would be best if baby slept on a firm, flat surface placed on its back, then breastfeeding is recommended as well, non – smoking environment…
I would recommend you not to worry so much but think happy thought and be happy for you baby!!!