i'm married with one kid, i tested during pregnant my result was negative.. but my hubby was sick when tested the result is +HIV i was shocked i went for the test my result was negative i repeat   and i tested again to another clinic my result become the same negative, i was so shocked because we are in the relation in more than 10 years and having sex without using condom at all. Is it possible my baby to be negative like me or is it possible her father transmitted to her???

please help i'm so confused

Hi NGK,

It is very likely your baby does not have HIV.

I urge your husband to have another test, if he has not done so already.  It is possible it is a false positive result.  Different testing methods are available.

As to why you didn't get HIV, some people seem to be more resistant than others.

Hope it helps.

There are some people who are actually immune to getting HIV. I know that sounds stupid, but it's true. It's when you have a certain mutation in your blood cells, in which there is [basically] no entry point for the HIV virus to enter. About 1% of Caucasians have this mutation. If that is the case, it would depend on whether or not your baby inherited that mutation.

There is also a gentleman from Germany who has seemingly been cured of HIV and leukemia simultaneously.
There's hope! Here's a link to an article that may or may not be of interest to you. It shows hope for a vaccine.

All the best of luck to your family.

hey mmhmm

if you say whether she inherited that mutation..... i tested when i was pregnant and i tested again after breastfeeding the result is negative..... how do you say may be she inherited while what is entered is only sperm and the father doesn't breastfeed her daughter...can you please come clear to me. she is now 2 years and since she has 1 and 10 years she stopped breastfeeding now is 5month and i tested a month ago i'm negative