I've been hooked on hydros for close to seven years now. At this point, I'm taking about 30 hydro 10's a day, approx 300mg of the stuff. I am SO ready to quit, but want to know the best way to do so. Should I talk to a doctor about prescription meds to help? Should I taper off w/ something like Tramadol? (Not a narcotic but a controlled substance/opiate nonetheless). Should I stock up on home remedies? Or should I just do the old-fashioned cold turkey thing? Any and all suggestions will be considered. Thnx!

You have probably come across the loperamide (Immodium) for a back up. I used about the same as you for the same length of time. My posts are all over here with my story of trying cold turkey over and over. To be honest, I was afraid to take the loperamide and skeptical if it would work. It really does. Everyone is different when they quit these things, but if you run into trouble, loperamide is something you can get over the counter and it has kept me clean for over three months now. I never made it more than four days before. Good luck and keep posting. The moral support here helped me also

i have taken hydro cordone for 4 years and quit cold turkey. Pretty brutal. I hav e cut down to tylenol 4, 4 times a day as well as going on antidepressants to help with the depression and over the counter anti diahreahh. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would have less symptoms going from hydro to tylenol 4?

Yah loperamide works good. Also look into Kratom, that also works great. but dont get on suboxone, subutex or methadone. That sh*t is strong and your just trading one addiction for another. i got on subs to help get off heroin and it was the dumbest thing i have done, i should have just used kratom to kick the H and gotten over it. Loperamide will help with the body and kratom will help with the craving and depression.