I hope that this post will help some people out to ease the symptoms while going thru opiate withdrawal. I will start out with a little of my own history with opiates. In the fall of 2009 I was involved in a bad motorcycle accident. To make a long story short in Oct. of 09 I was stopped waiting to pull out of a parking lot on my motorcycle when a drunk driver swerved off the road while moving 45 to 50 mph. I was struck broadside and thrown from the bike about 50 feet. I sustained severe head trauma, as well as fractures to my skull, cheek & jaw and also fractures my neck in two spots. After being hospitalized for 10 days on heavy pain meds I was released from the hospital I started going thru pain management. At that time I was taking a 60 mg twice a day of oxycotin ER a day plus another 15 mg of oxy IR 3 times a days for almost a year. One day I went to the pain clinic for my monthly visit and the doctor just stop giving sciprts of the pain meds. Well living in Chicago knowing that I was about to go thru hell withdrawing from the oxy I decided to try and postpone the withdrawals by getting Some heroin. ( not my smartest thinking ) But I figured I could just get the heroin for one it was cheaper then going to the doctor and also I could get it very easy. Well I went from snorting a $20 dollar bag over 3 day period to shooting 2 $20 bags a day within a month of the first time I snorted the dope. As you can imagine I went thru my ups and downs with trying to quite doing the heroin and the withdrawals were terrible. I did not know what to do. So I went to Mexico and did an Ibogaine treatment to get off the opiates. The Ibogaine worked well and went thru a pretty painless withdrawal. I had been clean of opiates for 6 months and then I sustained a pretty serious injury to my shoulder that required surgery. So needless to say I went back on the pain meds. I was only taking Norco 10/325 4 times a day as prescribed. I was on the pain meds for 5 months. When I tried to stop I started going thru the withdrawal process again.

At that point I knew I needed to come up with a plan to get off the meds but couldn't handle going thru withdrawal again and couldn't afford to do another Ibogain treatment. So after doing some research I came up with a plan to get off the pain meds myself and prayed that it would work. I am obviously not a doctor and I am only sharing this because it helped me out so much in my quest to be free of pain meds in the least painful way.

I made up my mind that I was going to be free from the pain meds and started to prepare. I had 1 refill left to get of norco. Here is what I did. When I got my last refill I started out the first week taking the Norco 1 pill a day 4 times a day for the first week. in that first week I also changed my diet to nothing but clean foods such as baked or grilled chicken breast, baked or broiled fish or sushi, and fresh fruits and veggies. Also I added a good multi vitamin twice a day and a additional 2000 mg of vitamin c a day One tablet of each in the morning and another at night. Week 2 I dropped down to 3 Norcos a day and kept up with eating clean exercising and taking the vitamins the same way. Also i was drinking at least a gallon of water a day. Week 3 I dropped to 2 norcs a day and kept the diet and vitamins and water intake the same. At the end of week 3 I stopped the Norcs all together.

I had gotten 2 8 mg strips of Suboxone, 3 2mg bars of alprazolam, loperamide hydrochloride anti-diarrheal 2mg tabs. Day 1 of detox I waited 30 hours from my last norco the I took 1 8mg strip of suboxone and 1 2mg bar of alprazolam. Day 2 I took half of a strip 4mg of suboxone and the half of a bar 1mg of alprazolam. Day 3 and 4 I took a quarter strip of the of the suboxone 2mg and a quarter bar 1mg of the alprazolam. Day 5 I started taking the loperamide hydrochloride anti diarrheal 2mg tabs 15 pills twice a day. Then over the next 5 days  I dropped the dosage of loperamide hydrochloride by 5 pills a day until I ran out of them.

I am not saying this recipe will work for everybody but as for myself the only withdrawal effect i felt were within the first 30 hours after taking my last dose of norco. I hope this will some of you there suffering the painful effects of opiate withdrawal....

I'm glad to hear that it helped. I'm currently struggling with hydrocodone addiction myself. I was taking hydrocodone 7.5/650s 4 times a day for close to 2 years for chronic pain. My doctor cut me off completely after I had a drug test come back positive for oxycodone & oxymorphone, which I have never touched a day in my life. I'm not proud of myself but I started to snort the remainder of my prescription bc I heard that it didn't take as much & I was hoping to lengthen them out until I could get everything straightened out with my doctor. I have tried to completely stop before and made it to day 6 & relapsed bc I couldn't take feeling like I was on the verge of literally dying any longer. I want to kick this horrible drug but didn't even know where to start. I want to start fresh again. I'm so sick of worrying about how long it's going to be before I can have my next pill. I plan on starting my detox tomorrow. I really appreciate the advice. And I'm hoping I can pull through it this time.

I can not believe you took 30 tabs a day and did not suffer from the terrible blistering of the skin. It is terribly painful. I suffer from severe refractory depression ( means NOTHING works) and was just trying to get some sleep. I was in a very bad car accident and have been taking long acting morphine for 7 months. I just quit and so far so good but I do have loperamide on hand. I would never take more than 8 tabs a day.

Great post. This sounds like a great plan and I'm glad it worked for you. I'm trying to do the same thing, I've detoxed before with 1 or 2 Suboxones but ended up using IV heroin again. I reckon you just had strong will-power after being clean to stay clean. I'm trying to do something similar, a 4-7 day Suboxone to simply "detox" and then a bit of Loperamide like you did just to deal with the mild withdrawals from such short term Suboxone use.

I'll deal with the problem of actually staying clean long term afterwards.

Again, GREAT POST. You seem like you were in legitimate pain, I was not, I was just simply looking to get high. Cocaine here in Miami is very easy to get, I had a bad habit with that and drinking which I kicked by using heroin. Go figure! I don't crave either booze or coke anymore for several years now. Hopefully I can get the H monkey off my back for good. I could be cruising Liberty City in a Grand Theft Auto type car by now with the money I wasted last year alone.

i actually was addicted to Tyelenol 3s about 4 years ago so was really scared when I came to and they told me I was on morphine. The T3s took 3 tries to get off them. I try to avoid opiates at all costs. None of it was to get high just to get some relief from the depression. I used alcohol to get off the T3s.  Talk about a ridiculous choice!%-).  Take care of yourself, every person is important.

husband has been taking dyhdrocodine for about 5 months and is now taking them because he is addicted he takes up to 5 or 6 at a time twice a day sometimes 3 times a day 30 mg if he doesnt have them or ant get them he vill get blue valium from the streets (fake one most of the time) so god knows whats in them and if he starts taking the he keeps taking themm night after night till he realises stops and then starts the dyhydrocodiene again he want to come off them but wants to try himself any tips /help wuld be apreciated as u can see frm some of my post on this site  a couple of years ago (if u go further into my profile ) i too ws addicted to a drug cocodmal 30/500 andweaned myself off them im sure the symptoms he will get are going to be similar to mine though im not sure if themaybe will be more severeas its dyhydroconde and not cocodomal i thought all codiene was the same but maybe not i will try to help hi as much as i can but i found this site quite helpfil last year and i suggestede he go on here to seek out help/advice talk tp people who know what its like what to expect that sort of thing when i cut myslf down i did gradually cut down on what i was taking  in the weeks beore i went cold turkey  but t was hard and i cant see exactly what he takes whn he takes it he does not get these fro the doctor he buys them off somone else that does and really wants to give p finally admitting how many he is taking is the start but i had a lot of self control and motivation in the fact i was going to be trying to get pregnant and as i hit the 3 week ark f not taking anything i found out i was 3 weeks pregnant fate or what someone up there knew something lol anyway enough about me back to hubby is it best to cut him down gradually over the next  couple weeks and when hes down to a few cold turky like what i did he doesnt ant to go to the doctor about it just yet f this doesnt work though he will have to and that may mean methadone and he doesnt want to go down that route he does work but in the last couple weeks he has had a couple of days of due to these tablets and he is determined now thanks i advance

Ok My girlfriend is an addict ... has been for years... off heroin 3 times, twice due to jail. Painfull!!! Once with me. Off methadone more than once, off opana and oxyies twice at least.  off suboxone 4 times. She missess the HIGH and goes back. When you get off  and past the withdrawals you need reasons to stay straight, to avoid the selfishness of making the high more important than everything else.

Heroin is the easiest of all I mentioned to withdraw from. It is more organic and is over i 1-2 weeks after you stop if you can hide for a couple weeks and have the worst flu symptom ever. .. Then oxies, then methadone... Suboxone covers way more receptors than all others and is the Worst. wow that one hurts for so long, kicks all night, sore calfs and thighs 24/7, coughing and sneezing at the SAME time ... it is so weird!...dont let the docs fool you it is hard to come off of. 

Here is how: Taper Taper Taper... cant say it enough. not 3 day taper.... 3 week taper. You know how less and less ... too fast and you will feel it so do it slow. Add magnesium tablets, not too much though, add potassium, add zinc, add 5000 mgs of vitamn c (if it gives diarreah then lower till it stops and stay there), add good fresh food and not too much red meat you need to flush the body not load it up. Most important is exercise till sweat... FORCE yourself. you will not feel like it but you have to. This forces the body to produce what it hasn't for as long as you were taking the stuff to get high.  Force yourself. Finally, take Kratom for opiate replacement and you will be shocked at how fast the withdrawal symptoms go away or never even start. It has opiate properties and WILL make you feel great. Eat it or buy leaves ground up and make a tea. No one has my recipe for pain free withdrawal and I guarantee it. 

Oh by the way my girlfriend.... I meant me. I am clean now for 6 and a half months and never felt better. In the mirror and in my brain I am a new guy. Not going back into the rabbit hole, I like the sunshine I see now.

We see folks detoxing at home from opiates all the time. Many people hear about Kratom from a friend and try it out, usually Spec B, or Red Vein Borneo. I can't believe the number notes that we get thanking us for providing the kratom that helped them get their lives back. Read up on Kratom.