I have been taking opiates (oxycodone, hydrocodone, oxycontin, ) for about 6 months now and ive decided to quit because its too expensive and i dont want to depend on them anymore. Im a big baby when it comes to pain and discomfort. Ive gone 24 hours but now im starting to feel it. I have restless arms, headache, watery eyes, and all i want to do is lay down but i cant. So if anyone knows any home remedies or over the counter things that work please let me know asap. Thanks so much.

Dude just hang in there.. ive been on suboxone for 3 years and am currently on day 8 cold turkey, it feels worse today than it ever has been in my life. the worst part of withdrawl is the inner battle that says i can fix it with just a call, or do i really desire to stay clean. That battle no's no boundries.

Anyone coming off an opiate addiction is going to feel like sh*t -- Always. It's simply the nature of the withdrawal. It won't kill you, but you'll probably feel like hell.

Don't mix it with anything powerful, just go through it. Have support, someone. Hang in there.

On a previous page about withdrawals someone was saying that there is Loperamide and its in anti diarrheal meds and its an opiod that fools the brain into thinking its an actual opiate..ppl are swearing taking 20 of them with milk does the job everyday till withdrawal is better...also not supposed to make u more constipated but stool softeners and laxatives help if needed..i want to try it but scared..idk if that person posting is for real or not..good luck im in the same boato

Im on day 2 and a half n read the thing about anti diarrheal pills( imodiam a.d or generic. I haven't took 20 but 4 to 8 help a lot also. Takeing 20 of anything cant be good) but just so you know it DOES WORK. IN FACT ITS A LIFE SAVER! Ive been on em for around 6 or 7 years. Got the pain took care of ( dental problems) last year n have been trying ever since to quite. Lost my mom to breast cancer the sunday after thanksgiving last year, then fell off the wagon. I just hope Im strong enough both mentaly and physicly. HOPE YA BEAT IT....