Wednesday July 31, 2013 - Today I took my last 3 hydros. After 2 failed back surgeries and refusing a 3rd one my surgeon put me in pain mgmt. This was 7 years ago and at that time I had only taken pain meds after my surgeries. Like most of us I had no idea what I was getting into. Fast forward 7 years later I was up to 10-15 hydros, 2-3 Oxys and 6 somas a day. I have tried so many times to quit I lost count and never make it past day 5. Well this is it. I'm done and I will make it this time and I'm going to write everyday not only to help myself but hopefully to help others along the way. Good luck to all and hang in there.

August 1, 2013 - Today is day 1 of no opiates and I stopped the somas 1 week ago. I took 5 loperamide late yesterday afternoon to get it in my system. Got maybe 2 hours of sleep and at 8am took a tagament then at 8:30am took 8 loperamide and a lot of b vitamins and one a day vitamins. It's 4pm no withdrawals at all except zero energy. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

August 1 - Started feeling yucky a little around 5pm so I took 5 more loperamide. That was 45 minutes ago and now I feel a lot better just zero energy. I also took a Epsom salt bath around 3pm which is highly recommended because its helps get toxins out of when you soak it in. Use at least 3 cup fulls in hot bath water and soak for 30 minutes.

It's now 11pm tired as all hell otherwise feel ok just wish I could sleep. It has now been 32 hours with no pain meds. Almost to day 2 and doing better than I thought. Saying some prays and will try to close my eyes.

Day 2 - well I took 5htp and clonidine to try to get a little sleep late last night but ended up get zero sleep. So this morning I'm feeling like I haven't slept in a week. But I took a tagament and 30 min later 8 loperamide and other than zero energy there are no other withdrawals. I also took my B complex and one a day vitamins. And I'm one who can't drink water so I drink tea all because you have to have a lot of fluids all day. I also bought many different fruits to help on the nutrient side. I eat small amounts as often as I can throughout the day. Well lets see how the rest of today goes.

It's now been 48 hours with no pain meds. The loperamide has definitely taking away 99% of all the withdrawals. Just zero energy and very tired but I'm not staying in the bathroom, no hot/cold, no sneezing, no rls, no vomiting, etc. so all in all I think I'm doing pretty well considering what I have went through in the past trying to quit theses evil devils. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Day 2 - It's now night time still no withdrawals except the zero energy and tiredness. Just took a Epsom salt bath and a 5htp to help me relax and hopefully get a little sleep.

Today is day 3 - I took a Klonopin last night to try to sleep (the bath and 5htp was not helping at all) and I actually got about 6 hours of sleep. Woke up this morning took my Tagament and then 8 loperamide along with my B complex one a day vitamin and I also started with the liquid B12 today. Still no withdrawals and not as tired since I was able to sleep. Now I just need to find something for the energy part of all of this. Feeling really good about everything:-)

It has now been 72 hours with no pain meds and I have to say the loperamide is a god send. I'm sitting here in complete shock as to how good I feel. I still can't believe a OTC for diarrhea stops 99.9% of all withdrawal symptoms. I'm in total amazement right now. I can only pray this continues to go so well and I pray others try it because it works!!! I can't get over how many times I went through so much hell and failed so many times because I couldn't handle feeling like I was dying and this otc was always there sitting in my medicine cabinet. WOW I'm starting to love not only myself but my life again too!!

I just took a Epsom salt bath before bed time. Still feeling good and no withdrawals except energy of course. Taking a Klonopin to try and get another good night of sleep will see how tonight goes. Day 4 in a few hours away!!

Today is day 4 - Woke up at 8am got another 5-6 hours of sleep which is awesome. Took my tagament and only 6 loperamide (was taking 8) along with my B complex liquid B12 one a day vitamin and started taking a probiotic. Day 4 and still not feeling any of the withdrawal symptoms except no energy. But all in all I feel really good. So lets see how the rest of day 4 goes:-)

It has now been 96 hours with no pain meds and the loperamide is definitely making this completely doable. Loperamide is without a doubt 100% the smartest thing I've done since starting pain mgmt. I feel very good about all of this and even did a few chores today. I'm so happy I did and I can only pray others do it too:-). Good luck to all and hang in there.

Well it's 12:30am still feel good took my Epsom salt bath and 5htp. Now laying down and taking a Klonopin and going try to get some sleep.

Day 5 - WOW got another 6 hours of sleep and feeling better ever day. Took my tagament and dropped my loperamide again to just 5. Also took my B complex, liquid B12 drops, one a day vitamin and probiotic. Starting to feel a tiny bit of energy which is awesome beings its only day 5. Beyond greatly that all this is working GREAT!!

Day 6 is just 6 hours away and still feeling really good. Got out for a couple of hours today which was really nice. Getting ready to take my Epsom salt bath and take my 5htp (not taking Klonopin tonight) and see if I can get some natural sleep. Wishing for the best!!