I have read several posts and most of my questions have been answered. I would like to keep a journal of my experience giving up opiates. I have tried every method to quit over the years to no avail.

I just took my first kratom dose and that is what prompted me to start a thread. Kratom was plan Z, mainly due to expense. Plans B,C,D and so on just did not work for me. I am a skeptic also, thinking many kratom success posts were actually vendors or people combining with other drugs.

This is day one of quitting. Had my first bad w/d symptom at noon. Two months ago, I ordered a sample pack of different kratom types to have on hand for decision day. At noon, I mixed one tsp Red Vein Thai and 1/4 tsp Ultra Red Indo stirred into flavored yogurt - not bad tasting. About a half hour ago, it dawned on me I'm not even thinking of my pain pills. This may be a success story!

Quick info to spare the novel:

Opiates include daily morphine sulfate 4 x 15mg extended release and hydrocodone 4 x 5mg. Mid 50s, weight 160.

All legal prescriptions for severe permanent injury and have never gotten anything else or borrowed illegally. Like most pain patients, I have too many days where "just one extra will help me so much" and I run out or do a drastic taper the last miserable week each month. I want off of this roller coaster.

Hmm, don't know about placebo effect, but pain seems to be subsiding also. I don't have the creepy crawlies of w/d. Myself, I can tolerate the sweats, diarrhea, and pain. But the feeling that I'm being choked, anxiety, ringing in ears and blurred vision, and the strange unable to put in words other than "monkey on my back" are intolerable for me.

I believe the negative posts that kratom didn't help may be due to bad quality. After reading every internet page about kratom that's out there, I think I found a reputable one because this seems to work.

I hope to find comrades that want to quit with me or anyone who can share their experiences for the best types and doses of kratom. Another thing that inspires me to quit are the success stories of people who got through the worst of it and are free now. If you do get over that hump and are completely clean, please come back and visit every few months to encourage us and give a quick update. It really helps. 

I have been reading a thread about loperamide also. When I tried kicking the pain pills before I heard about loperamide helping, but it didn't for me. That's because I was taking only the dose of 2 recommended on the package. 

So far, it's 2 hrs and no w/d on kratom. And I always get extreme nonstop withdrawals within hours of last pain pill dose. So far, so good.

In a couple of days, I will try the loperamide though and see if it's true. It is an opiod, similar to kratom and tricks your receptors. Loperamide would be cheaper. That is the only gripe I have about kratom so far is price and consistency of product quality. I am all about the cheapest solution; however, kicking the habit is worth almost any amount of money.

This is actually day 1 going to day 2. Took 3 25mg diphenhydramine last night to sleep. Had w/d sweats, not as bad as with prior attempts to quit. Was going to go for the kratom, but to be honest, after reading the loperamide journal, I thought I'd start out with 10 loperamide this morning. Had full blown w/d symptoms and cravings upon waking at 8:00 am. Loperamide took them away 100% within 20 min. Kratom did upset my stomach just a tad yesterday. When the w/d's come back today, I will try kratom. Just didn't want to start the day with upset stomach as I have some errands to run. A pepto tablet did help my stomach. Yesterday, kratom fix lasted about 4 hrs. It gave me energy the entire 4 hrs, then a crash and just want to sit around or sleep.

If this turns out redundant to the other journal on loperamide, I will abandon it, but I do plan to try kratom and want to share what I find day by day.

I just took my first dose of kratom for my opiate withdrawals. I've been addicted for almost 5 years (went over a year without) but relapsed almost a year ago. does this stuff really work? and how do I know I'm taking enough? this is day 3 for withdrawls..the last 2 have been awful and I don't think I've slept AT ALL. I'm a little better but would like to feel better and be able to sleep. any suggestions?? I wanna beat it this time

I am going to start detoxing at my clinic next week, all these post are so old is there anyone out there now the date is 5/6/2017 is so and you want to start communicating hit me up, my first question is kratom does anyone have any experience with it does it work ? And what is the proper dose to detox I heard 1mg is the most to come down once you get around 40mg I am at 80

I just started taking kratom yesterday. 1st dose was around 11:00. And I felt good after taking it! I took about 7g mixed with grapefruit juice. I read that grapefruit juice potentiates the kratom.
I've been abusing opiates for about 5yrs but did quit for about a year at 1point. I was up to 100mg/day of oxycodone or more if I had it. I did get a script for neck and shoulder pain and bought off the streets. I am so sick of spending so much money on them and not really getting high like I used to. So I ordered some kratom about a week ago. So I woke around 8:00 and. I did do about 7.5 mg of oxy that morning, but didn't feel a thing off it. I've been reading about kratom for weeks now and decided it was time to try it myself. So about 11:00 I took my 1st dose. About 7g mixed with grapefruit juice. I used red veined Borneo and felt good. I was calm and relaxed. Even went for a walk!
Took 2 more doses throughout the day and felt totally normal. I took melatonin before bed and it didn't seem to be helping so I did take another 7.5 oxy and slept till 6:30. I saved a few oxys, just in case...
I am currently on day 2. Woke up at 6:30 with some leg pain and rls. Took another 7g mixed with grapefruit juice and I feel good. My leg pain is gone!
My experience so far with kratom is awesome. Usually by now if I only did that amount of oxy, I would be sick but thanks to kratom, I feel wonderful!
Good luck to you. Let me know how it goes for you

I don't get all the hype over Kratom. I have used it, it helps with pain, can be uplifting and give you energy equivalent to drinking a pot of coffee. Not once did I ever feel sedated, or feel like I was high, nor did I have any negative side effects except maybe a small headache. I am seeing all this misinformation on Kratom. I am even seeing rehabilitation centers online putting out a lot of misinformation and downright lies about the plant. You don't get high off Kratom. Anyone buying it to get high is going to be really disappointed. People don't die from Kratom use, they die from drugs mixed into Kratom. Kratom can interact with certain drugs, but there have only been 2-3 cases of deaths that involved other drugs in the persons system that were the sole reason for their deaths. Not only that but people who are trying to get off opiates can get withdrawal relief by using Kratom. It helps with opiate cravings as well. All of this nonsense with the DEA trying to ban it, and the FDA going nuts over it is hype and knee jerk reaction. No one should be pushing to ban this plant, until they have at least tried it first. Because only then will they realize all the negative hype out there is BS.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use