Loperamide HCI is the best. It's an opiate. Just about all Anti-Diarrheal remedies over the counter have this in it. I used to suffer from opiate withdrawals when my perscription oxycodone was stolen from my locker at work. The withdrawals almost put me in the hospital. I researched the remedies in my medicine chest and came across an Anti-Diarrheal remedy with Loperamide in it; and I later discovered that this was an opiate upon thorough research----that's why it works. I took 20 of the 2mg pills and within one hour my withdrawal symptoms were completely gone. COMPLETELY gone! Since I was taking 40 mg of oxycodone I figured I'd match the dosage to the Loperamide and it worked. Nothing less than 20 pills of Loperamide did the job. I had to take at least 20----remember that----Depending on the dosage you were taking.

A lot of people have been trying this and it has helped them too. I wash the Loperamide pills down with milk to coat my stomach. I did get an upset stomach on it before, until I used milk. I'd like to also add that the Loperamide is NOT addictive either. You will not get HIGH from it so don't waste your time abusing it because nothing will make it work like that. And I don't want to read or hear about Loperamide being pulled from over the counter because someone died abusing it to try to get high.

I've been to Detox clinics in the past and nothing works like the Loperamide. Thanks to Loperamide I will never end up in Detox again. And one last thing... Loperamide kicked my opiate addiction for good. FANTASTIC! Stay away from Suboxone or Methodone because they are addictive. Oh, and if you are wondering if I'm still on the Loperamide? I'm not.

I've noticed the Loperamide (Anti-Diarrheal) products sold in Sam's and Costco for around $5 for 350 caplets. Way worth the price. I've also been told not to worry about side effects from Loperamide because you won't be on it too long and secondly, as far as it works for diarreah, one 2mg pill works just like taking 20 pills. It won't make you anymore constipated. These prescribed pain pills that doctors give you will make you constipated too, and they contain too much Tylenol (acetaminophen) that's bad stuff. I'm glad there is something out there I can share with you that's affordable and will stop opiate withdrawals. Maybe some wizard will one day invent something that will give us that euphoric feeling back without withdrawals or side effects, but until then, get off the opiates. Good luck to you!

ive been in and outta clinics soboxone,methodone bubernorfine,everthing!At the moment im down to 20 mg at the clinic and just want out o it all ive never been able to get outta 5the methodone clinic sucessfully so im pritty scared.Unfortunately i just had surgery and told my doctor about my addiction and asked for anything but opiates they told me anacets or whatever they are called wont work and gave me oxy 40 and perk 10s i tried like hell not to take them but of couse the pain and the addict in me took over.I'm pissed sad upset depressee and just blame what the f**k do i do now!Ive gotten myself down to about an oc 10 and about one perk 10 a day plus the 20 mg of methodone. Sounds like alot but i'm already going thru withdrawels. Today i only took one 10mg oc and detoxing already. Im not going to ask for anymore cause i'm pissed at myself and enough is enough im going down 5 mg of methodone every 7 days and will be done soon.I have a full toime job and a 6 year old.Anyway my question is will this work for me????Ive never heard of this and willing to try anything to stop from going back.I've also started the tomson  method to help with this cause i have no choice this time i gatta do it anymore sugestions for me please please help im scared!

'

i promise u the immodim is working no withdrawals at all. im shocked really. years of taking that drug and this simple cheap med/ held the secret. if u read this, please tell some one about this. i was a heavy vic/per user. to me it seems like a joke now like the joke was on me all yhe late nights hunting pills twitching in bed mood swing money spent on those damn things what really got me about being on them people would say u need to get off them they were worried about me but always sold me their entire prescription. but they was worried. this demon has no friends while your using u want the high they want your money Please try the lopromide

opiatewithdrawals wrote:

How often did yu take the Anti-Diarrheal pills & how long did it take you? Thank yu so much for the info. I have been on Hydro-Codone on & off for 30 years. The last 8 years ON!!! Now my liver is in larged & the Doctor is still giving it to me. I am willing to try this. I have heard that all re-hab does is get yu addictted to somethang else. Thank you so much for sharing this information. You just may have saved my LIVER & MY LIFE!!!

curves4u36b wrote:

So, how are you doin? How many of them do you take @ one time & how long do you take them for. I am willing to try anything except the Methadone or the Saboxan. Liver is already enlarged. Thank You!

I wish someone would answer some of these questions! I bought a 96 count bottle and took 20. I was doing 120-150mgs of hydrocodone a day. I'm wondering if 20 is too much or too little! Do I just keep taking them when withdrawls start and then one day they just won't start?

I decided yesterday that I am quitting. I began going through the withdrawals last night (this morning I guess) about 3am. I stayed up late reading about the Imodium and Zantac fix. When I finally got out of bed about 9 I took a Zantac then 30 mins later took 12 immodium. The runny nose, anxiety and tiredness disappeared in about an hour and so far have not had any RLS. I'm very happy with the results! I've begun withdrawals before (two days worth only) and by this point it's usually much worse. The worst I've experienced is very mild cravings that last a few minutes. I even had a bowel movement a little while ago so it hasn't affected that lol - but I'm sure my tolerance to opiates (and the subsequent blockage as a result) have helped. :) I noticed you posted this several days ago, so I'm wondering if you've tried it already. Let me know what your experience is. If you haven't, good luck!

harpertina wrote:

opiatewithdrawals wrote:

It's not the rehab. It's the DETOX you have to attend first. I went through detox and they gave me a blood pressure medication----I forget how to spell it: Quanadine? It helped, but the muscle spasms were kicking in too. You have to focus on re-setting your brain to a smaller amount of opiates and tapper off slowly and completely. I know it sucks to come clean, DISPHORIA sucks, but hey, you can't take the memories away. Those were some great times you had on them pills. It's time to get your liver better. Drink a gallon of water per day with a pinch of salt and flush your body out. I hope you get better.

Supportof4 wrote:

Sorry, I lost my password. I started with 20 Loperamide pills and if I did not feel better in an hour I popped about ten more and that usualy did it. You don't get high, you just feel a lot better. I guess the brain is satisfied with the "opoid" in Immodium verse the "opiate" in Oxycodone, or hydrocodone, exc. Loperamide (96 over the counter pills) worked a lot better for me than Methodone.
Everyone is different, I read that some people get high from Loperamide if they drink white grapefruit juice with it, but that never worked for me. I'm just happy that the Loperamide shut the withdrawals off. And when the withdrawals start up again I'd repeat the process until I'm over it completely. Plus, the Loperamide is non-addictive. I hope this helps you.

opiateuser wrote:

'

It's not your fault. The brain falls in love with the opiates. Try to tapper off slowly. But, let me ask you this...is the doctor you previously went to giving you these opiates for a disability you have? It's really hard to get these pills from a doctor nowadays. I have a disability and I can't collect because I'm married and my wife's income disqualifies me. My doctor has no difficulty with prescribing me pills because he's prescribing them legitametely. But getting back to you, break it down slowly. Maybe three pills a day for the first week, 2 the following week until you're taking half a pill a day. It should only take about two months to kick the craving until you forget to take a pill each day. It's weird, but true. Methodone is addictive and I heard you can feel the withdrawals for it in your bones. It got me off oxycodone a few years ago because my doctor gave me a two week plan. But, my pain in my lower spine from a scoliosis operation were out my lower discs to almost nothing and the pain feels like glass in my spine. The only thing that got me through the day was the oxycodone. There is a foam-like substance I'm going to try that allegedly cushions the vertebrate. .........Good luck to you man. Let me know how it goes.....

Yeah, try to stay away from Methodone. Try 20-30 Loperamide pills with water or milk and see how it goes. Try some laxatives for the constipation. Thankfully the Loperamide is non-addictive.

Quick mistake I have to note: LOPERAMIDE is NOT an opiate it's an opioid.

opiatewithdrawals wrote:

I myself am begining to prepare myself for opiate detox. From 1998 - 2005 I was a heavy user. Began with vic 7.5 taking 20 -25 a day, to methadone 80mg a day for 2 yrs. to heroin Oxy 80's diluded etc. In and out of treatment centers and eventually jail, where I belonged. Now 42 I have a family and responsibility. I had full exam by a ledget doctor. X-rays showed arthritis in spin,knees and shoulder. He wrote me 90 lorcet 10's per month. I was worried and only took the prescribed amount 3 a day. When I was about 2weeks from running out I went down to 2 a day and so on. But I know ME! Detox for me happens quickly, 8-10 hrs without. Even though I've been through hell with opiate dt's in the past because of the using rediculous amounts. I am still a little worried, not scared, but worried. Ive been taking prescribed amt. for three months straight. I am all to familiar with the diarehha and sleep less night. So I already stocked up on immodium, and I will try it, but taking 20 has to have some negative affect on your body? What helped me get off the methadone was simply asking your dct. to taper u off,. Scared as hell, but by the grace of god, it went well. Magnesium as well as vit. e, b12 and b complex, with a whey protein shake helped ME shake back as well.

im about to gake myself off hydrcodone and ive been thru wd before..are u sure that this is safe?..i dont wanna be in the hospital when im trying to do the right thing..my doc is an ass and i was taken off my ins cahse in sime system i show i have medicaire part a, which covers nothing, so im kicked off my ins plan tiill i can get removed, which is a long process, im trying to go ba k to work even with this herniated disc, and the fusion in my neck but sometimes my doc diesnt get back to me with refills for five days and if i start a new a job i cant call in cause i have withdrawals cause my dic hates doing pain management, even though pain management will not take me till my ins is straightened out...help!...im scared to try this since usually that isnt the only ingredient in anti diahrria meds

I was on  a large amount of percs..vicodin for about a year after a car wreck..broke neck had spinal fusion..I finally became very sick of having to have these pills..so I went to a suboxone doctor spent a lot of money and took them for a while didnt like them and toughed it out...this was about three years ago...I was off for a year and a half. for the last year and a half Ive been on again...and went to pain management...4 roxys a day...plus 2 methadone...then My insurance was gone and so was prescriptions...ugh...withdrawl..Sooo thru lots of internet searches I found poppy seed tea...and it worked...too well...Ive been using the tea for about 6months and its much stronger than the pills..ive just took 12 2 mg loperamide and crossing fingers...really hoping this works...really scared but optimistic...if this works Ill repost later...I  am a single mom of two and cant afford to be in withdrawl and cant afford to continue being an addict...I dont even like seeing that In writing...(im an addict) ....wish me luck...and I really wish everyone here the best.

<3