I am 42 and had my first night flash at around age 34! It terrified me! It is as I am cold, but my skin is sweating. I do not get the sensation as others are describing. It is more like a chills and shivering. Is this something unusual or just a variation of body temperature changes during menopause?

If I were you, I would check my blood sugar as cold sweats could be signs of low blood sugar. However, if you already exclude diabetes, that you should be calm.
I have been having cold flashes for the past few months. Some days I have hot flashes, other days I have cold flashes. They are not anxiety or illness related, just hormone related and I had much rather have the cold flashes than the hot.

Hi:

I'm 41 now, and have been experiencing similar symptoms for the past few days. I otherwise feel fine. My face feels hot, but my whole body is shivering Seems to come and go. Seems to be here more at night time.

Reading here, I'm wondering if it's the onset of Menopause....I'm only 41, and didn't think it started so soon.

Other symptoms I've been having:
They all seem to come and go throughout the day

sleeplessness - wake more during the night
breasts swollen / tender
dryness during sex...which has never ever ever been an issue before
I find I get upset / sad more than normal

this shivering has only been going on past 2 or 3 days, never experienced anything like it before

Well, was feeling just too weird. I decided to goto the hospital and get things checked out. Heart's good, blood work's fine. "Northing Wrong with me" ... or so they say lol

The chills I'm getting at the moment are flu related. The other symptoms I'm having are def the onset of Menopause...Lots of fun.

I go to the gym at least 6 days a week. I have been noticing that I am getting sick after I workout. I get sick to my stomach,dizzy, chills, and I can't sleep at night. After I workout I take a warm shower thinking that also will help me. Is there anything I can do. :-(

Hello, I'm 46 y/o, for three years now I will wake up because of chill and shivering. This takes place the week before I have my period. I will really feel cold that time and will need to have additional clothing like sweater. But later I will be perspiring. My period is still regular but these flashes makes me tired and can't have good sleep during those nights. It may be continues for few consecutive nights but sometimes it strike me once only.

How long will this go on? Am I near the stage to be a menopausal lady?