Hello for the past month i have been getting a cold sensation between my shoulder blades- almost opposite of a hot flash - I am 47 yr female. I have been taking natural herbs for night sweats but now I'm getting these during the night and can't get it to warm up. Any ideas ?
It is a cold deep feeling but also is cold to the touch in about a 6" diameter between my shoulder blades

I have had this coldness feeling between shoulder blades as you descibed, It started several days ago but went away and returned today. Did you get an explanation?

I have it too - found a possible answer to it: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Look here:

Hello there,

Unfortunately your problem is similar to the problem my ex-girlfriend had. I am not sure for how long you have been experiencing this sensation but in her case it has started suddenly after she was trying to stay pregnant with me. I was up for it because I loved her very much.

Unfortunately this wasn’t going according to the plan so we went to the doctor’s office to do a bunch of fertility tests. In the end everything was fine and both of us are healthy and able to have children but still nothing happened. Then one night she has started to experience this cold feeling between her shoulder blades. After some time she was diagnosed with the anxiety. I was there for her but it is impossible to live with all her fears which have appeared suddenly. I hope that this is not the case with you but check it out just in case.

My wife has had this too, now and 4 years ago , has anyone an explanation yet !

Hey Dr. Milosevic, the topic here is COLD, not pain.

I have had this for many years, and the only thing I can attribute it to is that it happens when my iron gets low. Ring any bells?

i have it as well as sweating it caused by the fact my cervical spine is a mess and needs surgery at some stage ,, well that's my prob anyway ..

My iron is not low

My iron isn't low either.....The sensation on upper back region is annoying, makes me feel like i am cold......I wear double clothing to bed sometimes to suppress the feeling ....i wish Oh God this could stop .....its affecting my thoughts and messing me up....i cant explain why my back will tingle and i feel perfectly okay

Hey I am having this while excersicing....I think it's just fatique

yes, I can relate to your diagnosis too

pattistan, if you have shoulder blade, upper arm, or back chills, along with some tingling, numbness, or cold hands, you could have a nerve injury in your neck or upper spinal cord. I recently developed these symptoms, followed by hot flashes that radiate throughout my upper body. I'm a few years younger than you so I thought this was peri-menopause, but these symptoms are more localized than general full-body hot flashes. Getting checked by my doctor and chiropractor and can let you know (at least what my diagnosis is).

Not in my case I am well past this stage of life. I sit with my back to the sun, it feels warm, as soon as I move it is back. I have no pattern it is not comfortable when occurring. Were you and your friend given any medical name?

true. mine has been frequent cool passage under the left shoulder blade.