I am 46 years old and have been in menopause since i was about 42. I have a lot of the classic symptoms, but i was wondering if foot pain is one of the symptoms too. My toes and the pads of my feet swell and hurt real bad. Even keeps me awake at night. Is there anyone else out there expewriencing the same thing? I have talked to some women in my town that did. I am really wanting to know what i can do to get relief from this. It is driving me crazy!

Kathy

During the few years I was going through' the change', I also had foot pain and so did my sister. It hurt so much it was hard to walk after sitting for a while. It did seem to help if I kept them elevated but , ohhh, the pain. I was on hormone replacement at the time and was on it ...until the scare came out. I went off the hormones and the pain STOPPED. I'm sure it was hormones. No problems since!

I am a 36 year old who recently went through surgical medapause due to having the BRCA1 gene. I was not anticipating that I would feel this intense foot pain w/ medapause. I'm not taking any hormone replacement therapy.

I am 40 years old and experiencing hot flashes, no period, and crazy foot pain. I am a teacher with two young boys, so I am on my feet a lot. However, this pain seems to follow these hormonal symptoms. I'm not on any drugs yet.

Any solutions???

thank GOD there are other people who are having this same symptom! for me, it started out as tingling in the feet and what i suspect is poor circulation because the feet would go deeply numb if i sat on them, etc. after a few months of that, my feet just started to ACHE SO BAD! i can barely walk on some days. i've been so worried about this. but i also haven't gotten my period in 4 months (i'm 44, def not pregnant), and i am experiencing some other symptoms of menopause. i'm so glad to have found this post; i feel a bit better now. :-)

I am a 51 year old woman and have been dealing with horrendous foot burning pain for 6 years. It started overnight following a severe nose surgery to repair a long ago broken bridge. The surgery jumpstarted me into menopause like symptoms though I am STILL having a short period or TWO per month. The feet burning began at the same time the menopause symptoms but every doctor I have seen from Kaiser to Providence to Meridian to, to, to, to, (you get what I'm saying here,) does NOT think it's related to anything!  It just is.

Well, the pain is from SOMETHING!!! The only relief I get is to place them on ice packs or soak them in ice water in a small bucket on a towel in the living room.  Laying down or being horizontal is the WORST!!  So therefore my nights (sleeping) has been awful for years now. I need to lose the gained weight (from lethargy due to the feet pain,) so I started on Morphine 1 year ago and it's a low dose but it's taking the edge off the pain just enough so I can get to Curves 3x a week and try to get my life back even some.

I can't believe how many doctors I have seen and how many drugs and home remedies I have tried regarding this!

Well????????? I joined OMWL, Oregon Medical Weight Loss Center on Greenburg Rd. in Tigard Oregon to have a medical/nutritional support team work with me on getting this weight off and therefore maybe getting some feet relief. I'm not only having TREMENDOUS success with this new way of eating for life (about 2-3 lbs. of steady loss per week,) but the Nutrionist guy I'm seeing thinks that YES, maybe the feet burning pain DOES have everything to do with menopause and hormones.  Next week we are doing a blood panel and some further research to check it out.  I'm excited.  I have been in this horrible pain for years and it's really hampered my life ALOT.

Hope this helps someone out there!?  Take Care!

Essie

So what did you find out? I am having terrible foot pain. Can't stand wearing shoes as my feet get hot and it drives me crazy. Looking for a solution and just wondering if anything has worked for you.

Thanks

Sue

Did you resolve your foot pain? I am desperately looking for some relief.

glass_sm wrote:

Quote:

I ended up hospitalized two weeks ago for 5 days to try and get control of the horrible feet pain. Of course they IV you with MORE med's BUT . . . while I was there, i visited a Dr. downstairs in the Hosp. who gave me 2 steroidcortisal injetions into the lumbar region L4 of my back where the MRI showed some decompression and nerve issues. It's been 2 weeks now and while I "might" be getting a little relief from the injections, it's not near enough. We are doing them again in about 10 days and can do a third try in 3 weeks if needed. If after 3 trips in for these injections does not help, then I'm back to ground zero for anwsers or help. Dang.

I post this just as an FYI to all those with burning feet who may someday find this thread. Look up Erythromelalgia. 2+ years ago I had one ovary and tube removed due to an ovarian cyst. Up until that point, i was quite healthy and looked young for my age. That surgery changed everything. I had terrible anxiety and hair loss starting one month after. A few months post surgery, my toes and feet began to burn like mad. At its worst, I call it grease-spatter pain, and it's incapacitating. Other times, they're just tingly/prickly and or hot. I also get buzzing electrical sensations in my feet. The burning hot flares are triggered by temperature, pressure, exercise, stress, etc, and my feet will often turn bright red. It's worse at night and right before my period. I've gained weight because I simply cannot exercise like I used to. Erythromelalgia may describe my collective symptoms, but I believe it has to be related to the surgery. I now have aches, acne, bloating, continued hair loss from my head, but hair growth on my face (I feel oh so attractive! ;). and just the othe night I experienced night sweats for the first time. Yay! ::sarcasm::: I don't know what the solution is, but I was compelled to share my story. I'm 42 now, so I had the surgery when I was 39. All my blood work has been "normal," including hormone levels. The burning sensations seem suspiciously related. Take good care everyone. Don't give up!

I have the same foot problem with menopause. I also had hot flashes and night sweats for about 2 years and nothing i tried seem to help. My doctor said it was something I would have to live with. I went to a
Hi Health one day and was talking to the clerk and she suggested i take a suppliment of Lecithin 1200 mg.. she said to take 2 softgels first thing every morning. After about 2 days it was like a miracle no more hot flashes or night sweats. I have been taking it for about a year and a half. Cost is about 13 dollars for two containers of 110

i am 47 and have pain in my 2nd , 3rd and 4th toes mainly on left foot..sometimes i would wake up with a

ball in the bottom pad of my foot near my toes.  i take tart cherry juice concentrate or cherry extract pills and even celery seed extract pills

plus 2 oz of apple cider vinegar daily...this really has helped me.  these pains were daily and i thought i had some disease and

no one i ever talk to knows what i am talking about.  the toe pain is stinging and burning and my joints in the toes hurt some of the

time during episodes.  thought i may have gout but my big toe has never bothered me. been going on over the last year now.

i also experience strange little pumps on left side of groin/like a blood vessel throbbing/never hurts me though..over the last two months i would say.

i beleive the supplements also helped me with heat/hot flashes..

anyway the supplements have pretty much stopped the problems and i take them daily..the cherry pills cure my foot if it bothers me right away.

thought i would share this with you..i don't take any type of prescribed medications and i get everything online at vitacost/their name brand is very good and cheaper than some of the name brands.

OMG--thankfully I stumbled upon this site !  I am 54 y/o....still going thru menopause  :(

I thought I was going nuts--my feet/heels have been killing me to the point where I have to go lay down !

I never, ever thought it could be related to menopause----thanks to all of you who commented.

I would like to maybe help someone....I have a round, circle exercise disc that sits on the floor & has magnets in it...it does offer some relief !

i now take 3 celery seed extract pills 500mg each and 2 cherry extract capsules daily...this helps immediately and i have not had the pains in my feet as a result of this regimen.....i get the celery seed brand nature's herbs and cherry extract from vitacost. if i feel any discomfort i take 2 celery pills immediately and the discomfort leaves within 5-10 minutes....i hop ethis helps.

I am 50 and 5 years into menopause.  My feet tops, big toesa sides and sometimes other toes are throbbing, stinging and painfully.  I went to orthodox doc and they gave me orthotics which didn't help at all.  I had X-rays and they didn't find anything.  I am going to get my hormone levels checked and see if that is a problem and see if treatment for that will help.