I am 48 and my gyn says in peri- menopause. I have few problems that are bothering me lately (lack of sleep, nervousness etc), but what bothers me most is burning sensation in m hands, arms and feet. It is horrible, burning like, itchy and pins and needles sticking in them. This is happening one month now and I didn’t talked to my gyn (I don’t want to run to the doctor every time something strange happens) about that and I am not sure whether this is from peri-menopause or something else.

Hey!
it is possible this is from peri-menopause. in this period your hormonal level is drastically changing and it is nothing strange that you are experiencing all these drastic changes.
tingling and burning hands, arms and feet are one of the peri-menopausal signs. I would go to the gyn or doctor. Burning hands, arms and feet might be an early sign for osteoporosis, which develops in menopause. It develops gradually, but it is better to act promptly.

What is responsible for the wormness of feet, hands, and head from top of the neck. I am presently using omeprasol tabs?

I am 51 and well into menopause and my hands soles of feet and sometimes arms and legs get extremely itchy and I scratch like crazy. I am sure it is a symptom of my menopause

Is there anything we can do to relieve symptoms a little , burning itchy feet and hands?

hello Is there anything we can do for temporary relief of the burning and itching hands and feet

anestassia wrote:

I am amle and 34 and I have had buring arms and neck for three years. Initially I thought it was an allergy and spent thousands trying to fix it. But I have now found an acupuncturist who says it is an overheated liver. The liver is trying to process things like alcohol, caffeen, sugar, fried foods etc and is heating so much that the heat is escaping through the pours of my skin and causing a hot, itchy feeling. Over 2 months she has managed to bring this condition under control. I have not seen this explanation anywhere on the web but I believe it's the cause. Good luck.

Im glad i found this site and im not going mad, most women i speak to about peri-menopause think im nuts when i say my feet and hands are on fire, not only that the crawling skin drives me insane, I think this is the only symptom of menopause i have, maybe the rest are mild and i just havnt noticed them, my mum thinks at 46 im to young to be in menopause but i have noticed to many changes to no that i am. This feet and Hand thing is the worst, i also notice that it is worse after drinking wine. Im a teacher and standing on my feet all day, so sometimes i come home and sit down and thats it i cant get up im so stiff. I hope it does not last long. I had it before about a year ago and it lasted around a month then went i hope its the same this time.

This is so interesting. I am only 31 and should not be anywhere near menopause. However, this symptom is exactly what I have been experiencing for the past 3 months. It started with my feet and at first I thought that it was athletes foot, not knowing that it was an internal itching feeling. Then when I got it in my hands and realized that my hands where a little swollen and more pink I finally put it together that this was the same thing happening to my feet. I also found on another search that this could be a sign of pre-diabetes. This gives me hope that it could just be a sign of menopause. I will be visiting my physician soon to check into this.

Hi I started menopause at 45,I have the burning feet,not in my hands thank goodness,plus some of the others symptoms,hot flushes,night sweats,pre-menopause can start from as young as 30 years of age,and can also last for 5 to 10 + years. Common Symptoms and the usely the first sign of pre -menopause Hot Flashes,Night Sweats,Irregular Periods,Loss of Libido,Vaginal Dryness,Mood Swings Changes Fatigue,Hair Loss,Sleep Disorders,Difficult Concentrating,Memory Lapses,Dizziness,Weight Gain,Incontinence,Bloating,Allergies,Brittle Nails,Changes in body Odor Irregular Heartbeat, Depression,Anxiety,Irritability,Panic Disorder, Pains Breast Pain,Headaches,Joint Pain,Burning Tongue,Electric Shocks,Digestive Problems,Gum Problems,Muscle Tension,Itchy Skin,Tingling Extremities Others Osteoporosis. This is a good site to read up about menopause. Good luck ladies cheers Jenny

Well thank you for all the information on pre-menopause,menopause,I have read all the post with some of the symptoms i have been having,so i went to vist my Doctor with my list of symptoms,thanks to you lot I have now found myself to be pre-menopause,Hot flushes,night sweats,fatigue,burning feet,muscle tension in the shoulders & lower back,I'm only 32.

(i thought i had the flue at first) 8-|

Not that you can't be young and have symptoms... but when I was 33 I had symptoms. I was told it was perimenopause. I was miserable with the symptoms. I was sweating at night, was irritable, hot flashes, etc. I read books on taking care of myself and getting the endocrine symphony back together: rest, eating a lot of vegetables, avoiding sugar and junk food. So, I became a real health nut. 99% of my symptoms went away. 14 years later, I still have regular periods and very few symptoms. Try taking care of yourself and after many months, things will be better??? Just a thought.

anonymous wrote:

That sounds like something that would have to do with your kidneys. Kidneys filter out poisions in the body and especially drinking will cause these symptoms if you have a kidney problem and could be seriuos, for signs of lupus, hep c, and I'm sure there are others.

It started with me about two years ago.  I have lost 2 years of sleep.  I am 51 yo.  My feet wake me up in the middle of the night, sometimes 2-3 times per night, feeling like I've got bugs crawling up and down my legs and my feet are burning.  I wake up, break out in to a sweat and then the sensation stops.  I'm not bothered with it during the day.  The lack of sleep got so bad, I first went to my family doctor.  He checked me for  nerve conduction and diabetic neuropathy.  All of that turned out OK.  We then thought it might be from an old lower back injury, but the physical therapist I went to said, "No".  He said neuropathy from a back injury is normally unilateral and I would have the burning feeling constantly, not just at night.  Well that left menopause causing it which I suspected all along was the culprit, plus I developed terrible cystic acne.  I would get one cyst cleared up and two more would pop up.  My family doctor started me on Gabapentin 200 mg only at night which wasn't the correct dose to treat anything, so it didn't help.  I just went to the gyne.  He stopped the Gabapentin, put me on low dose estradiol 1 mg, told me to be patient because it wouldn't have an effect over ngiht.  I've been on it about 2 weeks now.  My face is starting to clear up.  My mood is better.  I'm sleeping throught the night and my feet have quit waking me up at night.  I've got to go back in 2 months for a check up with the gyne.  He may up the dose to 2 mg if I need it.  We'll see.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one having this symptom.  I thought I was going to go crazy.

It's always best to ask a doctor such questions because of all the possibilities and probabilities when it comes to an answer. For instance, when googled I found the following page to be yet another such answer for your question...

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Good luck in your quest and especially for your good health.