Hi, I am 46 years old male and I felt discomfort under my right ribs several days ago. Discomfort was followed by easy pain and I decided to visit my doctor and told him about sensations I have felt. He made ultra sound of my abdomen and found small cyst on my liver. I am very worried because of it but my doctor told me there is no reason to worry and that we will follow the situation. Did someone have experience with liver cysts?

Hi, my sister also had liver cyst and everything is just fine with her. Simple cysts may appear because of diet or poor food intake. Cysts usually appear when group of liver cells die and make empty space. These cysts are not dangerous they are empty or filled with mucous material. Some other cysts may have cancerous origin but I am sure that your doctor didn't found something like that.