Hi, I have a problem that, literally, won't let me sleep. It has started a month ago. I get in bed, prepare myself for sleep, close my eyes and I start having hundreds of thoughts racing through my mind. I never experienced something like this before. Can you tell me what causes me to have racing thoughts?

Hi, I know what you mean. It is very annoying to have so many racing thoughts, when you are trying to get some sleep. I experienced the same thing some time ago. Apparently, it was caused by a problem that occurred in my life at that time. I can tell you some other things that can make you have racing thoughts. Sleeping a lot, not being able to feel settled during the day, a lot of worrying things or mood swings. I also did not know the cause of my racing thoughts and that is why I saw a professional therapist. I suggest you do the same. Racing thoughts can also have a medical background as a cause. Depression, anxiety disorder and panic attacks are among them. Therefore, it would be best to see a doctor.