Hi, I am 43 years old, and I have problems with racing heart. It usually happens when I am nervous, and I would like to know is there a name for this condition, and how can I treat it? Did you experience this condition?

Hi, I’ve suffered from the same condition for several years. My doctor said that this abnormally rapid beating of the heart is called tachycardia. This condition refers to 100 or more beats per minute, at least in adults. I have used many different medications, and I’m still looking for the right one. I heard that anticoagulant meds are used in similar conditions, so I will ask my doctor to prescribe me that. My heart is racing especially when I am upset or nervous, just like in your case. I quit smoking and reduced alcohol to minimum, because those things could just contribute chances of getting a heart attack or stroke. Racing heart can also cause the need for more oxygen and reduce the blood flow to the cardiac muscle tissue.

Please read the above replies regarding rapid heart beats.