Let me start by saying, I'm 16 years old, get good grades and all that but anyway lets get to the story. January 15th, my friends were smoking in my basement during a video shoot for my friend's music video. My friend passed me the blunt and I hit it about 4 times and felt normal for a few minutes then out of nowhere, my heart started racing and I started panicking. I went upstairs and looked and the mirror like what's going on, I was getting hot then cold and my thoughts were racing. I wanted to tell my mom what I did but I couldn't I could barely concentrate, I finally ended up falling asleep when I woke up I felt much better but a little detached from the things and people around me. About 3 days after I smoked I was still feeling detached at school and decided to look up why I felt that way on the internet. When I looked it up the things I saw caused me to panic and I had another panic attack. I quickly left class and went to the bathroom to try and get myself together, after calming down a little I got in my car and went home since then I feel detached, feel like I'm on the outside looking in, everything feels fake, my feelings are numb and whenever I talk i feel like I've embarrassed myself and I shouldn't have said whatever I said. I called my mom and told her everything that happened above and she took me to the hospital. The hospital said I was ok and just give it some time to feel normal again. 3 Months after that I still felt detached although I felt way better than I did 3 months before, I asked my mom to set up an appointment with a therapist so she did. I talked to the therapist and told her how I felt, The therapist also said that I was fine and my family doctor Said that i was fine and that my vitamin D is very low and that it may just be anxiety. I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, i just want my life back, which I know will probably never happen.. The more I think about it the worse it gets so I try to do activities to keep my mind off of it like playing basketball and stuff like that. It's now been 5 months and i'm still feeling detached. The girls at school say I changed because I don't really communicate with anyone anymore, It's not because I don't like them or they don't like me it's because I don't know what to say to them or how to be myself.. I just want my old life back, The funny charming one.. I feel so miserable and it's eating me up.. Every morning I just think when will this end. Mind you this is not the first time I've had a panic attack high it happens every time i take too many hits at once. I'm not an often smoker maybe smoke once a month but I haven't smoked since January 15th, 2016 and I know the weed wasn't laced or anything because It was medical. 

Hi NapSims19, I just wanted to say that I've had a super similar experience with weed, including the feelings of detachment from self, anxiety, social problems, and other things, and I'm also in high school. I've experienced pretty severe racing thoughts and become very wrapped up in my mind at times. It has been a pretty slow recovery process for me coming out of this thing (like 1.5 years so far) but it's getting better slowly. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, and also tell you that I've heard people say that they come out of this bad reaction to weed eventually (for some people weeks, others months/years) , so I think it's important to keep that in mind. Things will get better, just remember to take care of yourself and don't smoke. Hope you feel better:)