I'm 21 years old. I come to this site looking for help with my condition, if you can call it that. The fact is that I am ALWAYS tired, always fatigued, all the time. If I nap, I'm still tired. Its like I didn't even lay down, but my body always wants to sleep. I also have these constant mild headaches behind my eyes and on the side of my head, the area above my ears. The headaches are the worst in the mornings, but I think that I am calling them mild because I've become accustomed to them being there.

Just to make things go faster, here is a medical history. I have has Asthma since I was 6, and was diagnosed with postural hypotension soon thereafter. I rarely see the effects of the latter anymore. I have been diagnosed with depression and a severe social anxiety disorder which has pretty much ripped my life apart until now, because I've made a breakthrough in therapy a few months back. I do not experience much of the depression anymore, its was onset because of the anxiety itself. Anyways, I VERY HIGHLY doubt that the tiredness is from the depression because all of the other symptoms have lifted. To continue, I have allergies to dust, dogs, and cats but take medication for it everyday which keeps it at bay.

And lastly, I have chronic sinus problems which leads back (atleast I believe to this point, not sure if its earlier) to a "flu-like" illness that my doctor never diagnosed back in february of '06. I was on antibiotics for 17 days, two intervals of Z pack, one 7 day and then a three day break, got sick again, then a 10 day pack. Anyway, ever since then my sinuses have been screwed to high heaven, sometimes one of my nostrils is clogged, then the other, then they're clear and then one's clogged again. I should also mention that everytime I get even the tiniest colds, bam my eustachian tube is clogged and I won't get relief from it until the illness has been gone for about a week. My ears are clogged, I sound like my nose is constantly stuffed and I can't do anything about it during these times.

So I've gone on a large tangent, but I wanted to get what I have out of the way. What I don't have is diabetes, which I've been tested twice for. I'm just so sick of being tired all the time, I mean I take a multivitamin everyday, eat, drink, etc. I am overweight, but others who are overweight get satisfaction from sleeping! I get NOTHING! And on top of that I have a headache when I wake up (which I have right now while looking at this screen) and also I think I should mention I have dry eyes every morning. I can sleep 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 hours and it all feels the same.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the other night I caught myself not breathing when I was going to bed. I was like half asleep, felt the need to breathe as if I hadn't taken in an air for a couple of seconds, and then gasped. It happened a second time that night, and this was the first and last time I've ever noticed it. I did a little looking and saw that this occurs with a rarer version of sleep apnea where the brain stops telling the body to breathe when unconscious, but the chances of this are quite low.

Any ideas guys? I am pretty desperate. I cannot study for my exams because I am so tired, and its crunch time. I am three semesters from graduating from college, and I need to pick my GPA up, not let it slip anymore!

You do have symptoms of sleep apnea. This happens to obese people more often than to thin people. Sleep apnea deprives you of REM sleep; that is why you are tired no matter how long you sleep. Your sleep apnea may be related to your sinus problem. You need to go to a sleep lab and get tested. If confirmed, they will prescribe you a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine to use at night. This will take care of your sleep problem. You can buy a CPAP machine online. The cheapest one costs about $200.

twm5043 wrote:

You may go to an ENT specialist. Because blocked nose may lead to lack of breathing and make you anxiety and depressed and make sweet thing to sour one. You will get soon from this sinus related frustration, like I do.

I know what you mean about sleeping all hours and feeling the same. I would look into the symptoms of fibromyalgia, Some of what you are saying relates to this. I know about 90% of my symptoms, including chronic fatigue, relates to fibromyalgia.

Hello, I'm having quite the same problems. I'm always tired just wanting to sleep and i'm always having headaches at the back of my head on the left side and the back top of my head. But heres the thing every time I take medicine for it it seems they just get worse. I had this headache since the summer of 2014 and its the 19th of April 2015. At first if I toke Advil for something they went away but now every time I do they get worse. I am losing my mind here I did to the doctor he gave me medicine and that made it worse I need help I cant take the pain anymore i'm only 16 years old and its affect my school work. All I want to do is sleep I don't want to do anything else. I. NEED. HELP. AND. ANSWERS!

Here the thing,,,,

What you need is plenty of good sleep and you must DRINK A LOT IF WATER

If get worse you need to go to the Hospital