:) Hi,

I'm a 46 yo male, with severe sleep apnea. I can no longer tolerate CPAP. so, I've decided to have the UPPP and its scheduled for November 16, 2009. My sleep apnea is so severe that I have dreams while I'm awake. I can't sleep in my bed because not only is my sleep not refreshing, but I get severely congested and have this morbid sense that I would die if I totally let myself fall asleep. So mostly I catch an hour or two of semi-sleep that's what I call it, sitting up in my computer chair. Which is what I've been doing for the past 3 years now.

I have read through the other cases here and not too many people have commented on the pain upon awakening which I have heard is the worst. Nor, has anyone mentioned what it is like during the first day and the night after. I will chronicle these events so that people know what to expect, or at least have a detailed idea of what I went through. And, please if anyone out there wishes to contact me later about my experiences,please do so, my email address is . I am more than happy to share these experiences with anyone who wants to know. I'll even help ya through it if I can.

It is currently the Friday before my surgery, and of course, I'm looking for as much information as I can.

My surgery is being done at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital by Dr. Erica Thaler.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Did you already have the surgery done or is this supposed to be next week? I'm sorry you didn't get an answer to your question but I'm really curious to hear how things turned out. Can you let me know?

I'm very curious to find out if this surgery was successful for you. How are you doing now & and most importantly how are you sleeping. Please give an update & tell me about your experience. I am searching for help for my husband, who has severe sleep apena.