I've had a low to moderate headache everyday for about ten years. I also feel cloudy and heavy head, constant fatigue, and overall s@*tty feeling. I've been to regular doctors, neurologist, and neck and back specialists. One doctor said it was anxiety/depression. I tried Zoloft. Didn't help. The next doctor said it was high blood pressure. I tried Inderol. Didn't help. The neurologist had a CT scan done. Perfectly fine. Blood tests perfect. He asked me about sleep apnea. Ordered a sleep study. I've got a mild case of sleep apnea. Great, this could be the answer to why I am tired all the time and why I’ve have headaches. I’ve been on a CPAP machine for about a month. Nothing. I still feel like c**p and I’ve still got the headaches and fatigue. I tried a different pillow because I thought I was sleeping wrong. Still wake up with a headache. The neurologist also said that I am having “cervogenic headaches”. He told me to go for physical therapy. They pulled, prodded, shocked, heated and massaged my neck. Nothing. I felt worse when I was done. This time Finally, I went to a neck and back specialist. He said that he could try Lidacaine injections in my neck and shoulders. He did the injections the same day and it has been about three days and I woke up this morning with another headache just like every day for the past 15 years or so except this time my whole back hurt from the shots. . He also gave me a muscle relaxant. Doesn’t work. The only thing that has helped has been Tramadol. I could take about 50 to 200 mg a day to feel better and it doesn’t always help. It is the only thing that makes me feel better when it does work.. OTC medicine doesn’t work for me. The doctor also told me to take two Aleve to control the inflammation. Doesn’t work. I have no idea what to do. I’ve done crazy already. I’ve been at my wits end already. I’m starting now on giving up hope on a normal life. I’ve given up already on any enjoyment in my life. I would rather have been diagnosed with a serious illness because then I would at least know what was wrong and why I felt so terrible all the time. My poor wife has to deal with me being irritable and cranky all the time. My poor parents had to deal with me when I was younger always complaining how bad I felt. I never feel like doing anything. I’m surprised I can hold a job down. I guess I have gotten so use to feeling bad all the stinking time. I’ve tried exercise, changing my diet, cutting out caffeine alcohol and cigarettes. Nothing helps these headaches. I have two options left. Chiropractor and Acupuncture. Thanks for listening and any suggestions you might have.

Hi:
How horrible for you. I am so sorry. What stood out for me was the sleep issue. If you are experiencing sleep apnea, this might cause you to wake up feeling fatigued and with a headache. If you have not already, I would pursue that angle more extensively. That would also explain being tired all of the time. If you are not really sleeping soundly, you may not necessarily know it. You could just be feeling the after affects of it. In addition, I don't think that you mentioned an allergist. Could you be allergic to something that is found in most environments?.....Something that you wouldn't imagine could be causing the headaches, i.e. a type of common fabric that is used in a lot of materials, etc.; a common food or seasoning, etc. I hope these questions will give you an angle to look at. I really want to know how things are going now. I will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks for the reply. I do not know what to do anymore. I actually told my wife that I didn't care if I lived or died. I could not believe I said that. I am disgusted at this point. I had another round of Lidocain injections with no improvement. I had an MRI done of my neck and it came back perfect. The neck and back specialist gave me Fiorcet. It might as well have been a placebo. I really didn't feel like I took anything. He then gave me Viocdin. Same thing. It is so strange. I went to a chiropractor twice and he promised that he could help. Not even the slightest bit of relief. I think I am crazy. Maybe I am making this up. I don't know. No one can help or give me an answer. I am going back to my regular physician tomorrow to start this all over. I'm going to ask about allergies. I also will go for an eye exam. Can't hurt right? I have perfect vision though. The CPAP machine just didn't do anything for me. I tried it for 2 1/2 months. The results showed that the apnea episodes were reduced significantly but I still feel awful. I just don't what to do. It feels good to write about it so I thank you again for replyingg.

DON'T GIVE UP... You have people who love and care for you. They want you around. Let that be motivation for you. In addition, you have a new angle, which is the allergies. This is a real possibility.. Please pursue that angle with a specialist, NOT a general practitioner. An Internist (specializing in allergies) or and endocrinologist who can look at your hormonal/glandular balance and check your thyroid. I feel enthused for you. Try to look forward to new investigations. I hope that you are working with a teaching hospital with a reputation for success in these areas. Please keep me informed. I am here to encourage you.

I won't give up. I can't. I have the best wife and parents. You are right when you say they are my motivation.

I live in coastal NC and there aren't many specialsit around here. It's hard to figure out where to go. I am lucky enough to work for the state and have health insurance but with co-pay costs ranging from $20-$40, I need to make sure I pick where I go wisley. I've been to the doctor or a specialist about 20+ times in the past 6 months so those copayments quickly add up. Thank you for the engouragement. Do you have similar problems? My name is Chris by the way. Thank you again for just taking the time to write and care.

Hi:
No, I don't have similar problems, but I enjoy encouraging people. My life experiences have made me sensitive to other peoples experiences and I've worked with ill people before. I am glad that you feel encouraged. Never give up and be sure to include your loved ones in the process. They want to support you. You may be closer to your answers than you think. I know that the co-pays add up, but at this point, it may be worth it. Keep me updated. :-)

Just made an eye exam for 2:30 today. Will let you know what happens.

Hi Chris! I'm glad to hear that you have made an eye exam and I've been following what you're going through in this thread. I look forward to hearing what you find out today and I hope it works out for the best for you. Please let us know as soon as you know and we'll take it from there and hopefully offer up some insight or help too.

The ophthalmologist told me that my eyes were perfect and that I had 20/20 vision. I think I am the only person who is disappointed when I hear the doctor say that everything is ok! She has referred me to a neuro-ophthalmologist. I go there June 15th. I go to my general physician tomorrow. I will post my findings as they come in. Thanks to all for the support. This is really helping me cope with my problem.

Fantastic csomerl !!!!!!
I am so glad that you are continuing with your journey to a cure. I believe that the answers are even closer. Please don't forget to keep us updated on all of your findings. I am looking forward to hearing the answers. I can't imagine how it must be to suffer from the same problem for years. I wish you the best and I will keep rooting for you.

Just got back from the doctor. I knew going in there wasn't much he could do so I shouldn't be this depressed but I am really down in the dumps today. He want to find a headache specialist for me.The dr.'s office just called while I was writing this. The place is called North Carolina Comprehensive Headache Clinic and it is in Raliegh. I am about 3 hours from there. They need me to call and set something up. I'll keep you posted. Thank you dsdesk for your encouraging words.

Hi:
That's progress. Stay encouraged, it is something new. I'm sorry that there is nothing closer for you. Are any of the university hospitals closer to you? Those, as I think I mentioned before, are great options. Their medical programs will probably be more advanced than the local hospitals. Also, be sure to do your homework on the headache clinic. Check their reputation in the medical community and their rate of success. Good luck....

Yes I will be looking into it. There is Duke in Chapel Hill. One of the ladies I worked with asked about my wisdom teeth. I still have them. Maybe I need to see a dentist. In the past the dentist always told me that I would need them pulled.

Duke University would be a fantastic choice!!! Don't ignore any options. Dental problems can cause physical problems too. Please continue to let me know what's happening. These options will keep you motivated...I am sure of it. Keep marching on...Take care and try to find joy in every single day. It's there, you just have to recognize it.

On another thread, a person was having very similiar symptoms. They found out that they had Chiari Malformation. I did some research and I have many of the symptoms:

Headache-Chronic starting at the base of skull which radiates behind my eye and around my head.
Mental fog-Disconnected feeling Trouble concentrating difficulty finding the right word
Visual-Extreme sensitivity to light- eye twitching floaters, seeing flashes
Voice changes- voice cracking
Ringing in ears poor hearing
Neck pain
Balance issue- walking into objects like doors
High blood pressure
Heart palpitations rapid heart beat-pain
Sleep Apnea
Fatigue
Insomnia
Constipation
Depression
Anxiety
Migraines
Overall sick feeling-nausea

This is the first time that I actually feel like I am on to something. I had to the neurologist tomorrow. I will keep you posted.