I have type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea. I thought first that I am actually lucky for I fall to asleep so easily, but was ignoring the fact that I was tired during entire day no matter how much how long I have slept the night before. I’d like to hear if diabetes and sleep apnea are related and what I could do regarding my sleep apnea for I already know how to manage my diabetes.

Yes it is related having diabetes and sleep apnea and it all of course has to do something with insulin level in your organism as well as with the hormonal changes. I was also constantly tired and without energy to provide effective results at my job. And for the entire year I ignored those symptoms without ever thinking it has something to do with sleep problem. I went to see a doc at the point when I was practically able to fall asleep on my job while standing in the corner. And it turned out I have sleep apnea meaning I have trouble breathing while sleeping and I was directed to a sleep specialist. I ended up on some CPAP machine that delivers pressurized air usually through a nasal mask in which manner it actually clean your nasal airways while sleeping. Anyway I always recommend that sleep apnea needs to be treated for it might cause you some more severe such as hypertension and cardio problems, memory problems, you might get fat so easily that would only worsen your diabetes condition, you might become impotent and have severe headaches. Or it might even happen you fall asleep while driving a car. Just think about it and get yourself sleep apnea treatment the fast as you can. I can bet if you treat your sleep apnea you’ll gain much energy and be like a brand new person and also by treating sleep apnea you may improve your diabetes condition.