Ok I'm 21 years old and 4"10 and 104ibs I don't know if that matters but. Latley well this been happening for a while when I sleep I don't relax I'm dreaming but here everything around me. An constently wake up. And now I stop breathing in my sleep I actually dream about it . Then I wake up gasping for air an then I start to cough an then I start to choke on my spit. its to the point where I'm scared to fall asleep the other night it happend an even woke up my boyfriend. I woke up gasping for air and this time it took a min or soo to get air back in my lungs can someone please help me? Can I die from it. Does anyone know what I have or gets the same thing

My mom was diagnosed with sleep apnea. She stops breathing in her sleep.. she now uses a mask and machine is has been doing great! Ask your doctor for a sleep study. Good luck!

yes i agree with crissy get sleep study done , this definatly sounds like sleep apnea which i have since a year i never had it before i use cpap

SOUNDS AS IF YOUR MIGHT NEED TO BE TESTED BY A ENT SPECIALIST WHO WILL SET UP A SLEEP STUDY TO CONFIRM THIS FIRST, BUT IS SOUNDS AS IF YOU HAVE SLEEP APNEA. I HAVE IT AND MANY MORE DO ALSO. I HAD 3 SLEEP STUDIES, AND IT IS CONFIRMED I HAVE SLEEP APNEA. YOU GRASP FOR AIR BECAUSE YOU STOP BREATHING. YOU WAKE UP WHEN YOU HAVE THIS EPISODE. YOU PROBABLY FEEL TIRED IN THE MORNING AND DON'T EVER FEEL WELL RESTED. IT HAS BEEN SAID SOME CAN DIE IN THEIR SLEEP. DON'T WANT TO SCARE YOU, BUT YOU NEED TO SEE A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED EAR, NOSE, & THROAT SPECIALIST WHO CAN CONFIRM ALL. IF YOU LIKE MORE INFO., I CAN TRY TO GIVE MORE IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. YOU MAY NEED A SLEEP APNEA MACHINE TO GET THE WELL RESTED FEELING. IF YOU LIVE IN ATLANTA, GA. DR. SAMUEL MICKELSON, ENT IS THE ONE TO SEE. HE HAD BEEN HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME. HE HAS DONE TWO SURGERIES ON MY DEVIATED SEPTUM, & MORE PROCEDURES DONE TO CORRECT MY ISSUES IN BREATHING. GOOD LUCK