Hello!
I need advice, if possible. I am 44, male in good physical shape. I have this problem- I constantly smell smoke (cigarette smoke), which is very annoying, since I do not smoke. I have this smoke like smell in my tonsils and I keep asking people if they smell it, and the answer is no. I really do not know why that is... Is anybody here with suggestion?

Hello!
I have the same problem. My doctor says it is problem with sinuses... I do not know, my sinuses do not hurt and have no pressure in them nor I have headaches, just this smell... and I cannot get rid of it...

For the past two days, I have also been constantly smelling smoke. I thought I was going crazy, but I am glad to know it might be a sinus thing, which I have had problems with in the past.

Thanks!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this symptom. I am so tired of smelling cigarette smoke all the time. Its so annoying. Every place I go, i smell cigarettes. I am a non smoker and I steer clear of smoking areas as I can't stand it. If anyone can share some remedies with me at sendmail0 (at) gmail.com, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I have been smelling smoke for the last two weeks also. It's driving me crazy. Has anyone found out what it is?

has anyone heard an answer on what this could be?

I've been smelling cigarette smoke for the last few days (non-smoker) and I can't seem to find anyone (co-workers, family, etc.) that seem to smell this odor. It's annoying and it will not go away!!

I began constantly smelling smoke around November of 06', it drives me crazy. I do not hang around with anyone who smokes, I work in a smoke free environment, yet I constantly smell smoke at work, at home, out and about. Does anyone know a definitive cause of this.

I've been smelling smoke, off and on, (mostly on) for about 6 weeks. Assuming this was due to a sinus infection, my doctor's prescribed antibiotics, first augmentin, then about 10 days later, z-pac. About mid-way through both rounds, the smell stopped for several days. Then 2-3 days after the antibiotic stopped, the smell returned. I'm calling my PCP tomorrow to see what else can be tried. I'm relieved to see other people are experiencing this too, but disappointed as it seems no one had found a way to stop it. And to the person who said that everyone with this experience is anal, obsessive, etc., etc., "You are just a plain a__hole!, at least that's what they taught me during my graduate program in psychology.

I have been smelling this smoke for over a year now and i was told by my Doctor the same thing Sinuses... Nothing has seemed to help, it keeps me up at night and just drives me insane... I really hope that this is responded to on here by a medical proffesional and they can clue us in on what this may be.

%-) I hate it because no one in my house smokes! I'm worried that one day the house will be on fire and I'll ignore it thinking I'm crazy! lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one though!

Hello everyone,
I did a search last night to see if my constant smell of smoke was symptomatic of some illness. I really didn't expect to find people suffering from the same thing I was experiencing. I read all the posts I could find regarding the constant smell of smoke. I didn't have anything in common with the others who were smelling smoke. I did however, come across a comment someone made regarding computers as a possible culprit and someone saying something about the only thing different was either an LCD screen and one person stated a laptop. The only thing I had in common was that I have been using a laptop everyday and always before going to bed. While I was reading further comments, I decided to cover my mouth and nose with the cup of my hand and it was a welcome relief! I thought I was just getting a reprieve and simply smelling the fragrance of the liquid Dove hand soap. I continued to cover my mouth and nose because it was actually the first time in over a week I didn't smell smoke.
I closed my laptop and went to bed. I realized I no longer smelled smoke as I was climbing the stairs to go to bed. OMG! when I woke up the next morning, I instantaneously realized the smell was still gone. I have only been up an hour but thought I'd better post right away, just in case it might help someone. I didn't want to be like the news stations and sit on a possible health solving issue until the end of the show. I truly hope this helps someone.

I have these symptoms. It's been about a week. Two observations: First: Doc put me on 600mg ibuprofen (generic) 3 times a day about a week ago. Second: I recently had a first-time-every allergic reaction to a glass of wine. My face was on fire and started visible swelling for about 20 minutes. Doc says the wine was definitely an allergic reaction. After reading posts today that I am not alone on the smoke smell, I'm calling my doc today!

For the past 2 years or so, if I go to a bonfire or somewhere where people are smoking, I can smell it for 2 or 3 weeks. If I stay away from all smoke, I am okay. Does anyone else have this problem?

HI., I too am smelling smoke and sinus problems seems too broad an answer for my liking....time to see the doc I spose, altho it is good to hear tohers have this going on too.....covering my nose wiht my hand works tho. Isnt that wierd?! :-) I know for me this was bought on by being stuck in a small space (bathroom) with a bunch of women coming in for urine tests (my job - very sterile and no smoke) and it seemed as tho each of them had drowned themselves in a bottle of perfume each. F%$$#$#@~!!! WHY do women do that????? (I am a woman, but now that Iv'e developed allergies to strong scents I want to tell them all to go and shower!!!!!!!!!! Anyway. I went home wiht a headache and watery eyes and now its been 10 days of smoke. SO Bizzare...... Thanks for letting me vent.

This happened to me last November (2006) and my general physician sent me to an ENT. (Ear, Nose and Throat). By the time I got the appointment, the symptons had subsided. The ENT did tell me that this can be a real issue sometimes caused by polyps and in more rare instances, a growth or tumor inside the brain that is pushing down on the synus cavity. We did a CT scan and didn't find anything. Here it is October 2007 and I just started smelling cigarette smoke again. I first started getting symptoms shortly after I did a saline wash to clear out some heavy congestion. May sound weird, but I recently blew my nose very hard and within a day or two, back came the smoke. I know it sounds odd, but it's true. Don't ignore the symptoms.