Hello! I have heard that wasabi is very healthy. I have never tried Japanese food, so I never tried wasabi either, but I am willing to give it a go if it will benefit my health. I am little bit squeamish though when it comes to eating raw fish and very hot sauces but as I said if it is for my well-being I have to at least try. So, first I want to find out if it is true, and just how much it can help me. What are health benefits of wasabi?

Well, first of all you should learn what wasabi is. It is a plant from the Cruciferous family which among other plants includes the broccoli and cabbage as well. The thick stems of the wasabi plant are grounded into a pale-green paste although some make powder as well. This green paste is then served as a side-dish, usually with sushi and sashimi. The most important health benefit of wasabi is cancer prevention. It can also prevent harmful blood clots and has anti-asthmatic properties.

Hello! I agree that eating wasabi is good for you although its anti-carcinogenic properties are still merely researched and not proven. I heard though that wasabi has some compound that can inhibit the growth of bacteria (Streptococcus mutans) that cause dental caries. So it can help you visit your dentist less frequently. Even if it proves not to be preventing cancer, one thing is always sure- it can clear your sinuses in an instant!