I am a 15 year old male. I have recently noticed when i wake up my heart is beating very fast and i didnt have any dreams the times it happend. Could this be caused by not enough sleep, stress or low blood sugar? No one in my family has any heart problems that i know of.

I often have this same issue with my heart racing when I get up. I'd also like to know. One thing I'd like to point out is I am 47yrs old (much older than you) but I have experienced this off and on for years. Does this happen to you on a daily basis or just once in a while?
It'll be interesting to see what people have to say about it.

I also have this issue. I'm 38 yrs of age and this has been happening to me for about 1 year. I would like to know what is causing this?

i am a 20 yr old female and i'm having the same issue. it's definitely scary. i have a doctors appt next month for something else, i amd going to bring this up, it has been happening maybe once or twice a week for 3 months now

Wow same here, but I'm a 16 yr old female. I notice when I wake sometimes I am shakey, hot, and my heart will beat very strong, either slow OR very fast. I'm a bit underweight but athletic. No heart disease in family. It subsides when I take deep slow breathes and stop moving. Sometimes I wonder if this could be due to eating something too salty or sugary and going to sleep?

Me too. It happens when I first wake up...while I'm laying there...before even starting to get out of bed! If I take slow deep breaths, holding for a few seconds and then slowly exhaling then my heartbeat goes right back to normal. I am a 45 yr old male in good physical condition. Recently had my Cholesterol and Triglycerides checked and they were excellent. I have to wonder if it is just a stress thing...

Yes, I have the same issue about twice a year and it lasts for about a months time. When I first had it happen the doctors advised that I use a Inhaler to help with my breathing but my heart would still beat fast every morning. It is now again for the second time this year beating fast every morning. This time it has been going on for about a month and a half. I went to the doctor and it is very normal. The main thing is to control your breathing, drink some water and relax, mine lasts for about an hours time and yes it is very frustrating. As I stated though cold water and some controlled breathing helps a lot. I hope this is helpful.

I know exactly how you feel. I have the exact same thing and im a 16 year old male. I have never had it in my life before and its because im going through a ton of stress right now. Just take deep breaths and drink some water in the morning and you will be fine. 

Mine does that sometimes after a bad dream or maybe from snoring, it scares me but I know I'll be ok, I just stay up for a while and turn the tv on and block my mind from it. It sucks when it happens cuz you wonder if this is it, am I dying this time or what. I have no pain or dizziness with it.