Im a 21 year old, overall healthy female. I dont drink to often but occasionally I'll go out with my girlfriends to a bar and have a few drinks. Lately Ive noticed the morning after being drunk, my heart beats abnormally fast. This lasts for a few hours then seems to be back to normal by the afternoon. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar, or may know the cause of this?
Thanks,

I have the same problem.

I have read several threads on web boards that pin it down to an imbalance of electrolytes and a stress response to the alcohol.

also might want to consider an allergic reaction to alcohol which causes flushed skin and rapid heartbeat. due to a lack of the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase.

This happened to me a lot of nights, after i had one or two drinks i woke with my heart beating really fast and loud i thought it would jump out of my chest....meanwhile i had lost a lot of weight suddenly...i was diagnosed as overactive thyroid and since i was treated i dont get it so often, unless i take 2 drinks, then will waken with heart beating really fast again, but if i just lie there it will slow after an hour or so.