i have anxiety and fast beating heart after smoking marijuana ,i rarely ever smoke,im 16 and only smoked like 6 times,but 2 days ago i decided to smoke by my self but after 10 minutes i had what i think was a panic attack,my heart was racing, and i had no focus on anything i was doing,i felt like i was going to die, and my vision was freaky.... i hated it so went to sleep hoping it would get better the next day, it sord of did but my heart was still racing a bit from time to time if i thought about it to much and i felt depressed, it has now been 3 days since and if i think about it too much i get anxiety and feel paranoid and my heart beats a bit faster. what should i do? should i see a doctor? i need help this is uncomfortable.

I started smoking marijuana really young. I was 12, and smoked until I was 14 with no problems, and then quit for a year when I moved to the next town over and had to make new friends, then my sister came and visited me when I was 15 and I smoked with her, first night I was totally fine, then the next day her boyfriend came over and we all 3 smoked and I had a terrible panic attack. Ever since that day I've been overcome with terrible anxiety and depression, and I'm 17 now. I'm paranoid, constantly suspicious of people I trust completely. Me and my mom fight for hours on end. Me and my boyfriend bicker because I can't let things go because they just eat at me. I freak out over the thought of death. I seriously always feel like something terrible is going to happen any second. Like right now, it's 3 in the morning, can't sleep because I feel like I'm dying, heart is racing and my head is light. It's 2012 and I don't believe any sh*t about the world ending, and I tell people constantly the facts and reasons why it won't happen, but then when I'm just at home I get this feeling the world is about to end around me at any second. It's ruining my life.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and for the past 2 things have been bad because of me, I mean he's understanding but he's eventually going to get tired of me flipping out every time something small happens. I wake him up in the middle of the night because I need him to reassure me he still loves me. I don't want him to get sick of it and move out because I'm going crazy because I can't deal with myself. I can't even deal with him saying hello to another female because I'm afraid she's more beautiful than me and he sees it. I can't even exercise because my heart rate going up scares the c**p out of me. I just don't know what to do. I can't go to the doctor alone around here because I need my parents and my mom doesn't believe I have anxiety attacks. Does anyone on here know ways to help without medication?

I need help, I am so in love with my boyfriend, and I love my mom with all my heart, but I am ruining so many things around me. Actually I might not be and I might just be paranoid, I know these people love me, but I feel hated by everyone. I have a ton of friends but feel so alone. I am so sad all of the time. I make excuses all the time to take showers just so I can cry. I thought marijuana was safe, but maybe I had this all along and it just brought it out in me. I miss being a happy kid who wasn't too scared to do something stupid and get in trouble just because.. Just please someone give me some sort of advice..

hey its past 1am and read your post. I feel the same or felt the same and sometimes still do. Life gets scary as we get older but gets better. I think about death and how scary this world can be as well. Sound slike you have some anxiety issues and self esteem issues. Anyway if u need someone to just tlak to you can email me as I am heading off to bed. good night :)

I kindaa hav de same tingg but most of de timee im scaredd nd I alsoo cntt doo muchh exersicee cuzz my heart iz alys pumping fast nd I juss wish I couldd takk bakk datt dayy wen when I smoked weed. Nd sumtimes I cntt fall asleep at night nd I get scaredd most of de timee but sumtimess I keep it 2 myy self but ill likk 2 tlkk bout datt wit yall

hello claudio i feel same thing please let me know if you get right answer  thank you

Never smoke it again ever!

I have the same thing i used to smome alot of weed everyday all day for 5 years.but there was one day that my friend tripped out and toe his heart was pounding to fast so whem he told me that i touched my heart nd next thing u knw i started tripping to my heart was pounding 185 beats pure minute .but what im thinking is that its just a mind thing dont think about it and youll be good cus when you touch your heart you will start tripping and start to manic which makes ut worse dont let that mess with your high man . And dont ever pay attention to your heart at all ia the worse thing you can do

And if u have anxiety try the strain INDICA it relaxes u sativa is the one that can give u more heart punding and specially anxiety .indica is the best to calm anxiety

Hey i had the same thing i want a place called parkplace i do not know u have that in your state but a place like that helps thay give u medicine benztropine citalopram hbr 20 mg thay really work i mean if u still feel this wtay

Since you havent smoked as much or even those who have smoked for years and stopped you're young your body can react differently to Marijuana. Its better to smoke a fingernail sized amount then if you dont get high after 15 -20 minutes then smoke a small amount after and just relax do. Do something that calms your mind but also keeps your heart rate at ease. It is your bodies tolerance that does this , in general whether you smoke high grade Marijuana or low grade your heart will increase its heart rate that is normal but when it gets past the resting rate which is around 80 - 90 bpm thats when you start to feel it in your chest or even hear it in your brain. At this point the worst thing to do is panic and try to focus on breathing , I've seen post where taking deep breaths help. IT DOES NOT that will increase your heart rate even more, try to match your heart beat with your breaths to make sure you supply enough oxygen to your body in a short amount of time without focusing on it to much. Also drink water, burp, or go for a slow paced relaxed walk , it will let your mind focus on other things you can try and sleep or rest your eyes but in my case it only makes me focus on the beats even more which makes me panic more because of how fast its going. Hope this helps!

Same thing happened to me yesterday did yours go away cause everytime I think about it my heart start racing

Hthrzz hth htez

Hey! It says it's been over a year since u've posted this but i hope i'm not too late! I am 25 and I've been through the exact same experience as u! I was a heavy smoker back in my early college days but then i quit! A year after i decided to smoke a high quality weed from which i took big hits! The outcome was an endless stream of terrifying thoughts about death! About how anything can happen at any given moment, the thought that there's no garantee for tomorrow nor for the next five seconds! That we are being delusional for having this false sense of security that we're all gonna live for at least 70 years! And when i started reasoning thinking that this is just a panic attack that it's all only in my head! I noticed that my heart was racing, felt completely dehydrated with an increase in my average body temperature! That experience marked the beginning of my relationship with depression, anxiety and paranoia! Feeling the same u felt about the world! Being overly skeptical with pretty anyone and anything!
I'm not gonna drag this for longer... i'll cut straight to the good news! All of this today is gone! And it's thanks to excercising and sports. I used to have the same idea that my heart will kinda get overwhelmed or something by excercising cuz it's already racing! But that's just an illusion! One day i said to myself, while having this misconception, screw it, i'm just gonna do it, run as fast as i can! For as long as i can! And here i am still alive my heart never been better! I started swimming and it helped my overall both mental and physical health! Since that day i started excercising and seriously taking care of myself and it kinda delt with everything just by itself!
Another thing is that, i went to see a doctor, a psychologist, few years later and he told me the same thing, he said that these panic attacks and paranoia are the result of a poor and unhealthy life style! So be careful of the micro behaviours you have like sleep deprivation or poor daily water intake, although they seem they that relevant but they really are!
I hope u found peace already and that that was just a period and it's gone! i just wanted to help cuz u reminded of myself and the struggle i've been through because of that, physically, mentally and socially

I had an extremely similar experience, about a year ago give it take I was 14 and started smoking weed. I smoked everyday for about a month or so until one day I bought a bong and some weed and decided to smoke by myself. I smoked in a forest and suddenly realized my heart was f*****g pounding beyond belief, could not focus on anything else but my heart for the life of me. I was sitting in a soccer field for 3 hours high as balls trying to call someone for help because I felt as though I was going to have a heart attack. My stupid ass decided a few days later to see if it would happen again and it did. It really scared me for the following six months there wouldn’t be one night I didn’t go to bed scared as if I was going to have a heart attack or just a scary feeling or aching in my chest. It got so bad that one night I told my parents everything because my heart was pounding and I wanted to get it looked at. We went to the hospital and they said everything was fine and that it changes the way you think and you need to grab a hold of your mind. Anything I held back from doing during those six months that I thought would affect my heart in anything I did to face my fears and show myself who’s boss. I drank with my buddies vaped , ate sugar worked out. However I never would try weed again because I realized as much as people tell you it’s fine it’s fine your just paranoid I can say with confidence if you have had this experience please just say no. You might think oh it might be better this time it won’t be.

I used to have it all the time. Any adjustment in a situation would set it off. So I went to the Hospital a couple of times thinking I was heading towards a heart attack. I wasn't, the Doctors made sure I knew that. They told me I was hyperventilating (in short I was inhaling too much oxygen and not getting enough carbon dioxide) so anytime I start getting it I ignore the urge to take more breathes and slow my breathing down even if it doesn't feel like the right thing to do. I was told if I feel light headed I should cup my hands and place it around my mouth for a couple of minutes so that I get a build-up of carbon dioxide in my fist and slowly inhale to regulate the amount of oxygen I'm intaking (like when you see people breathing into paper bags). Some more advice that stuck with me is to hold your breath for a little while, this will slow down how much oxygen you are inhaling. Granted It's very hard to think straight when your in one of these states but a personal trick that works almost every time for me is reading. It helps me be calm and takes my mind off my breathing. Obviously, you shouldn't read something that's going to heighten your breathing like a Horror or Tragedy. I normally choose Harry Potter or a nice extract from my Diary. I would also suggest you try writing or talking to somebody, even if it isn't about how your feeling at the time. Anything will do as long as your relaxed. I hope this has helped somebody, I wish somebody told me this when I started having them frequently. I'll leave you with this last piece of comforting advice which a Nurse told me before I left the Hospital; 'Nobody has ever died or been injured by one of these attacks. No matter how bad you feel, you will always pull through it.' All the best!
Rory x