Today i got up from bed ( wasnt asleep ) walked to the bathroom tehn my heart started beating like it was in up upper abdomen then at the same time my eyes were flashing with the heartbeat....

what is this

Thanks

Well it could be a head rush which happens when there is a lack of oxygen to the brain!

nope it isnt that as sometime i do get light headed but ive neva had this before im not sure if its somthing to do with my anxiety

thank you for your post....much appreciated

just to note that i just had a panic attack!!!!! the jobcentre has brought this on i swear lol aswell as what happend earlier ive never had this before

well panic attacks can be very serious. Is there alot of new stress in your life or something tramatic happen lately?

Ah I should of read down below before replying. Stress and anxiety are one thing, but do you have a heart condition? Anxiety attacks can be very serious. I've actually seen my mom freeze up and not be able to move and the paramedics had to shoot her up with muscle relaxers to keep her from complete ridgedness. Serious stuff!

If you get up too quickly there is a lack of blood & oxygen to the brain (due to rapid drop in blood pressure).  Your heart rate beats harder and faster tp compensate, and I think your vascular system constricts (to increase BP so you don't faint).  When your system starts to stabilize your heart rate slows down & beats harder (to keep BP up), then as everything equalizes (shouldn't be more then 5-10 seconds) your heart rate stops pounding and BP is stable.  Seeing the "flash" in your eyes is probably the temporary effect of the BP rise.  Most people when the experience something like this stop and analyze, if you become still AND hold your breath, you increase your BP alot, which might make it worse.   Anxiety and panic problems just exacerbate any kind of annoyances like these.

Hey!  I was ALSEEP, dreaming... I woke up, opened my eyeys and noticed this VERY SAME THING. It felt like the house was shaking in  a tremor and then I realized it was ME!  My heart was beating quickly as if it was stuck in a pumping action and my eyes and vision were beating in time with try heart.  VERY FREAKY! I tried to cough and then breathe to return to normal and after about a minute, it did.  I am going to go make myself a cup of Cayenne Pepper Tea. They say it helps the heart!

how have you been since this has happened to you?  Very curious!  

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Jan