So I was diagnosed 3 years ago with anxiety and depression, I'm a 25year old male pretty healthy, and quit taking my anxiety pills and blood pressure pills about 4months ago which I know isn't good, I'm back on the blood pressure pills but I have to wait on the anxiety/depression pills till I see the DR on the 5th of October, anyways now that you know all that let me explain my issue, last Monday my Wife went out of town and later through out the day I felt my heart beat pretty fast in my chest so then I started concentrating on it like crazy and ended up going into a full blown panic attack and started crying well then my mom came over and helped me calm down but since last Monday I'm having trouble sleeping because I can feel my heart beat through my chest every way I lay down and it freaks me out, I've also been expierencing a weird feeling from time to time in like the center of my back that makes me feel as if I can breath and my chest is collapsing, it really freaks me out and just randomly my heart rate will jump from like 60-80 to like 100-115 and we'll that freaks me out, idk what to do I don't wanna waste the money going to the ER if this is just anxiety getting the best of me, I've had these exact same problems before with continueing to think about and health issue and nothing was wrong but I made it worse, this anxiety has also been making my neck tense on the left side it feels stiff and sore, lets see when I start to panic I get hot and cold, crazy thing is when I take my mind off things and relax I feel better it really starts up at night time and that sucks because its always when I wanna lay down and relax, normally through out the day I'm okay I have a few instances here and there but I've suffered no loss in my diet or my bowl movements I don't feel naucious or anything like that so I don't think its anything serious? Has anyone else had these issues before and if so how did you get over them?

You know ive gone through it, still am but not as it use to be. Like you i paid attention to every little thing that was going on through my body. I didnt want to go out because i was afraid i was going to get a heart attack/panic attack. With out realzing it i created a safety net around my house, i was convinced that if i stayed home nothing will happen.  Like you i saw 4 doctors i fired the first 3 because they heard what was going on from me, after the session all they did was give me pills. The 4th doctor i saw helped me through it all by conversing. 

Now our stories are different i was introduced to panics attacks first hand Via a Marijuana Bread. After i ate my bread 45 minutes later i had the biggest panic of my life, my hands and feet(legs too) went completely numb , my heart rate was well over 100 beats a minutes, i felt like i was chocking, i felt that i couldnt breath and i had dry mouth. After that night my panic attacks did not go away i had them for well over 2 years on top of all that i also developed insomnia. So when the doctors saw me they try to put me on anti-depressents , which blindly i took for about 3 weeks, in those 3 weeks the pills made me feel like a zombie, a person with no feeling.  So i quit them. 

The Last time i saw my 4th doctor the one who helped all by conversing told me , "what are you really afraid of?" i said im scared of getting a heart attack while im out there. Then he said" you know what there is no way to stop that when its your time its your time" now after that last session i dotn know what but something in my brain clicked, or made sense, after that day, i had stopped having panic attacks. But it wasnt over. Panics turned into anxiety disorder and hypochondria.  As of today i have 80% under control , How ? By surrounding my self with the stuff i liked doing. What key here is "DISTRACTION" Keep your mind always distracted. Easier said than done right?. Soon you will be able to do the things you use to do and more.

If you feel something going to happen, what i use to do was drive to the E.R parking lot and literally wait there until it was over.  Then left home. 

Keep us posted. 

Thank you so much for your reply and I will its greatly appreciated and that post actually have me a sigh of relief, I'm gonna try to get a light workout in tomorrow and try going back to things that make me happy and try to rebuild myself again!

Good luck! God knows we all need ot.

Its been 5 days buddy, how are ya doing?

Hey thanks so much for asking farscaper, I'm actually doing a lot better went to the DR's they checked all my vitals and did an EKG on me and it came back normal, now I'm just trying to return to my normal life again I went for a 2 mile jog yesterday and it felt great! Only thing I'm trying to get back on track is my breathing and my being able to be alone, I've also been having some trouble sleeping I go to sleep around 12-1am and for some reason always wake up around 5-6am briefly then I feel awake but I'm sleeping until 10am, but ultimately I'm feeling great and I'm sure over time I'll be 100%! Thanks again for keeping posted.

For me personally it is much worse when I think about my heart beat. If you can find something to take your mind off the anxiety and your heart beat you will be better off.

Talking about the panic attacks and anxiety makes me cry :( I have been dealing with panic attacks since I was in the 8th grade, I have developed anxiety and social anxiety as well within the last 3 years. Some days are worse that others and some days are better. However I have found a way to cope and control my anxiety and panic attacks at least to a certain extent. And although I am not 100 percent cured It has helped me out tremendously and I am starting to get ahold of myself.

I hope this helps somebody out there out because it is something I have wished I could change for nearly 10 years.

It is an excellent read and was very helpful to me :) 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Trouble sleeping huh, this week , I'm also having trouble going to sleep. I've been knocking out lately around during 2nd then waking up at 6, then going back to sleep and waking up at 8am, it's broken sleep. So I guess I need to go tire my self out physically.

I hate that feeling more than anything else. Sometimes my heart feels like it is going to explode! 

Talking about the panic attacks,anxiety and even depression makes me cry :( I have been dealing with panic attacks since I was in the 8th grade, I have developed anxiety and social anxiety as well within the last 3 years. Some days are worse that others and some days are better. However I have found a way to cope and control my anxiety and panic attacks at least to a certain extent. And although I am not 100 percent cured It has helped me out tremendously and I am starting to get ahold of myself.

I hope this helps somebody out there out because it is something I have wished I could change for 

nearly 10 years.