I feel like it's hard to breathe, and after just even getting up, or walking down the hall, my heart is beating so hard (not fast, just hard) that I need to rest! I had many panic attacks in a row yesterday. This came out of nowhere! I have my first college exams coming up in a week and Im very worried. Im not usually prone to SEVERE anxiety like this, although it does run in the family. Is there anything i can try to get it under control? Im afraid to move, because of the heartbeat thing, and Im so tired all the time.

:'(

Celebrity
Always a good idea to get medically checked out to rule out a physical cause but this sounds like anxiety. You can eliminate panic and anxiety but not if you don't take action. Join a CBT group or read some CBT books like the one by Sam Obitz and start doing the thought countering excise called the TEA form and learn to think more objectively and be able to calm yourself down before the panic takes hold of you. CBT is the most effective treatment available for panic disorder with an over 80% success rate.

It never hurts to rule things out, but this sure sounds like anxiety and if it is CBT is the way to go. Take JR's advice and join a group or if you are self motivated get the book by Sam Obitz he mentioned and work on the TEA form exercise everyday and you will learn to control your anxiety and feel better.

Celebrity
Thanks for seconding my advice Annie1. Sadly I find that most people will take different pills for years rather than invest a few months learning habits that will help them for the rest of their lives :'(