I’m 33 years old, male, and think that I’ve developed certain cardiac dysfunction. During last 3 weeks, it happened several times that I woke up at night feeling like my heart was doing ‘flipflops’. It wasn’t like tachycardia, but like irregular rhythm, like my heart was missing a beat. It scared me every time, but that sensation has never lasted more than a minute, I think. Can it really be something serious or am I just being hypochondriac?

I visited my physician because of the same problem 2 weeks ago and after he did some several exams, he suggested me to skip one coffee and I won’t skip the beats any more. He also told me that these irregular beats could be caused by allergy medicines that I used the week before in increased amount. I didn’t know that fact about decongestants and feel much better now when know that these common things like caffeine, nicotine or allegro could cause this condition, and that it was up to me to change it. You should not avoid to visit your doctor too and to make an informative conversation.

Quick EKG will tell if anything is wrong, but the fact remains that the heart misses beats 1,000 of times per day. I have big time heart problems and have experienced the same thing after my 1st heart incident. It really is anxiety and nothing to worry about. I can tell you that for me I'm on lexipro 10mg a day and works great for heart palpations but causes other problems like ED..

Like you hard to tell your brain that your not checking out after a bout of palpations right? Like the other post any caffeen or stimulants can 10x the feeling.