I am 20 and since I was 13 or so I have had irregular heart beats. I've been diagnosed with Level 1 Heart Block, but my doctor wasn't convinced that that is what has been causing the irregular beats. I have had an echocardiogram and my doctor said that besides the heart block my heart is perfectly fine. In the past month my symptoms have worsened. I frequently have what seem to be sudden extra heart beats. Sometimes my heart will race faster than normal for 10 to 30 seconds. When I run I get extra heart beats that are very noticeable and uncomfortable. Sometimes when I am in bed I will have delayed beats occurring every 5 or 6 beats. Sometimes I wake up at night with a pounding, fast heart rate. One night I was unable to sleep because every time I was about to drift off I would have a sudden strong extra heart beat. I have also noticed that the extra irregular beats tend to occur at the end of my exhalations. What should I do?

I would see a dr...preferably a cardiologist. i too have had a similar problem and it seems to be getting worse with time. Im seeing a cardiologist and have had a workup done and they put me on medication. not that you would need medication but you need to discuss it with your dr so you dont miss anything. all the best.

Hey, I'm Sam. I'm 14 and palpitations are becoming a part of my life. I've been telling my parents but they say it's nothing. Episodes are becoming longer and longer (Up to 10-20 min). I don't know what to do and I'm getting worried. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Sam. P.S. It's getting in the way of daily tasks... I get light headed and unaware of where I am.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Forgot to add, I'm skinny, in shape, in track, and game sometimes. Is it possibly supra-ventricular tachycardia? The symptoms match my symptoms. Thanks, Sam.