Hello there. I am having problems with heart palpitations for a while now. I am used on it, and I think that I am dealing with it pretty fine. During the day I think that I don't have them anymore, but I am scared because they are really frequent during the night. Sometimes I wake up because of those heart palpitations. That means that they are very strong occasionally and when I wake up, I am scared. Can you tell me - do you even know what is the cause of it? What are the possible causes of heart palpitations at night? 

I believe that there is a reasonable explanation for it. Palpitations are symptoms of everything from short or long - term stress to a variety of arrhythmias or irregular heartbeats. Patients frequently will feel their skipped beats more at night, when they’re lying in bed and nothing is distracting them from it. That is what happens almost to anyone, so you are not an exception. I remember that I was following my heartbeats and I found out that my heart beats a lot when I am sleeping. I asked my doctor about this and he told me exactly the same thing. It is “normal” in patients with irregular heartbeats.

Hello there. Yes, this usually happens during the night. I remember when my wife started to have problems with it, we went to see her cardiologist and he told her to wear that holter. She was wearing it for 48 hours and when she took it of the results showed that she has a lot of palpitations at night, more than in the day. When we asked him why this happens he told us that this is normal and that those things usually happens to everyone. So I think that you should not be that scared. Have a nice day. 

Hello there. Thank you for giving me your full support. I understand what you are saying to me but last night I was really bad. I don't know, but it was worse than before. I woke up and I believe that my heart was beating really, really fast. I didn't check my heartbeats but I know that I was feeling really bad and I couldn't breath. I also felt like I am going to faint. I don't know is this has to do something with my heart palpitations, but this is the first time that I got really scared. I know that I really need to visit my doctor.

Good day everyone. You might think that your heart is "sleeping" when you are sleeping as well at night, but this is not the case. Sometimes, our heart beats even more during the night. That is the main explanation for heart palpitations at night. Generally, I think that heart palpitations occur even more during the nigh than during the day. But that is not something that you should be afraid of. Heart palpitations are not dangerous and they can be controlled very successfully.