8-| Hi I’m a 25 year old female. This past Sept I had a heart ablation. I had been dealing with feeling like palpations, dizziness, light headedness, feeling like my heart wasn’t beating fast enough some times. Well after 4 trips to the ER, where the Dr’s thought it was just anxiety, they gave me a Holter monitor. Well it took them one day to call me in to my PCP office to tell me the results. 60% of the time my heart was having SVT mye rates were 157-185 during an episode. 30% of the time I was bradycardia the lowest my HR was 34 BPM. And only 20% of the time I was normal. Well I got sent to an electrophysiologist. Two days after my first appointment with him I had my heart ablation done. I fell into the 10% of those pt who have it done, and the dr is unable to get the heart to go into the rhythm during surgery. He felt confident that he got it though. Well three weeks after the surgery I had 5 days with out any symptoms.( the best 5 days in a LONG time!) However now, things seem to be getting worse and worse. Now when I have a episode happen my chest hurt really bad, to the point I have to stop what I’m doing and sit down and breath through it. My INS was up as of Nov 1st. My EP dr wanted me to get another Holter on, and said that I most likely would need to repeat the ablation in a few months. So my question to you is, has any one had an ablation and had these kind of result with it and had to repeat the surgery? And if so, did it help the second time around?? Thanks I feel like I’m going out of my mind. Having heart problems and only being 25 years old. Everyone looks at me like I’m nuts!

Okey dokey...well on August 29th I had my first Ablation at age 29. It didnt work adn I am sitting in the same boat as you. My Dr wants me to have another one and I need to get mine done by 12/31 or it will be another TON of money for me...which I cannot afford.

I can't give you any great advice..BUT I can tell you this: You are not alone and many people have had 2-3 or even 4ablations done. Its that or medication....so....I know it sucks though.

%-) It sucks it takes that many. My dr was very hopeful that it would only take one, guess he was wrong..it is very frustrating. It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one going through this. Thanks! Are you planning on getting it beofre the end of the year, or are you going to try some meds first?? I was on beta blockers...but for me, personally...they were horrible. I won't go back on them.

Sometime I feel like ppl think I'm half making all this up, for the attention....and that they think that since I had on ablation that I would be fine. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only on out there... :-D

Well go figure my appointment is for 12/26. He wants to do the 2nd ablation with a much stronger catheter...its also more dangerous. I am a little freaked out--gotta admit it. You know I understand what you mean...some people think ESPECIALLY if you're young that you must be "exaggerating" or whatever but--its very real and very serious to us. I am glad you know you're not the only one! HEY! Have you been to Ivillage? They have a heart health message board that people regularly chat with you on...there is a gal on there that is 29 who has had 2!!

Sorry I haven't been back on to check the post. but I haven't been on Ivillage yet. I think I'm going to go check it out. Thanks! How did your appt go? Did you have another ablation done? %-) My heart for the month of Jan and feb was really normal. I didn't have any complaints. however, now I'm feeling things again. Not really the tachy heart rate, just the Adrenaline feelign I had before. My EP doc said my body was trying to regulate my heart so that's why it was releasing it...UGH!! It feels like I'm on something a lot of the time! And my heart doesn't really race any more. But more like, it's really irregular. I can feel it slow way down and speed up, skip beats. And sometimes it feels as if I ran a mile and yet my heart is still not racing like it was before. So I'm really not sure whay to think about it...kind of has me confused... 8-| but I hopefully will make it back in to see my dr soon!

i am a 26 yr old female. i had an ablation done last week. i have avnrt. possible vt. and sinus tach. i have an episode once a week or so. today i had my 1st svt since the ablation. now i have to wear a monitor again and go through the whole procedure, yet again. i trust my dr though. he's the head at Washington Hospital in washington dc. it's one of the best hospitals in the u.s. i know it takes a few ablations to get it sometimes, but it sure is depressing. especially when you have anxiety like mine. well, good luck to you both. hope all goes well.