i am 24 years old healthy and fit. Three weeks ago i was walking calmly down the street when suddenly my heart skipped a beat, i then felt fluttering in my chest and before i knew it fainted. the faint only lasted for approx 30 seconds and i straight was aware what had happened. i went for tests - EKG, Holter Monitor and Echocardiogram - they all came back normal, However i cant stop worrying that something is wrong because what was the skipped beat and the fainting all about and besides my heart skips beats every once in a while.

Please help i am really worried!!!

In regards to your situation, I am not doctor but today I have had an episode similar to yours. I was sitting at my desk and I streched back and all of a sudden it felt like my chest caved in and all the air rushed out, my eyes crossed and got blurry and I felt like I was going to faint. I had to force myself to take a deep breath to focus my eyes. Now I am not sure if this has to do with being 7 weeks pregnant but if you went to the doctor, did they say anything about that?

Yes I have done the same thing for years not progressing. Get dr to prescribe a Loop monitor worn at home for 2 wks. You press button and record when you faint. It records heart. They have found aproblem with too slow a heart beat for me now need a pacemaker.Good luck

Hiya

i'm now 31 and i suffered this two years backand it sent me insane!!!! i spent ages on these sites looking at threads to see if i was having a heart attack. i had it where i could feel it building up and it would feel like i skipped a beat and then get a thud and it scared the life out of me i also had fluttering of the chest which also didnt help i went to see a consultant in the end and after all the tests he told me it was fine but could see the fear in mty eyes and thankly grabbed my hand looked me in the eyes and asked me if i gambled i said yes he told me it was a 1000-1 i would die of a heart attack from this and it was only then i felt better i still get it from time to time but instead of freaking out i sit down take it easy and just ride the storm. if anyone else is reading this cause there worried get it checked out as just to be safe but i know what your going through and its hell!!! if anyone wants to email me at _[removed]_ feel free im prepared to have a chat with anyone who needs reassuring blimey i certainly needed it.

good luck guys

Mike

I don't know what just happened.
I was sitting at my desk at work, i turned to look at a colleague, and it felt odd, i cant explain it really. cant explain it at all.
i turned my head, then numb feeling, vision went, kind of like fainting i guess (i dont know i've never fainted). then i could hear myself saying sh*t sh*t sh*t in my head, not out my mouth though. then i pulled myself together and things came back to normal a bit. i looked at my hands and face and i was completely white.
Then i had pain in my stomach, like a sharp pain. Maybe be something to do with my acid reflux, but the rest i cant explain or understand.
Earlier in the day (and now its stuck in my head) i hate a flutter in my heart.
I am so so scared.....
help?

About a week ago i was doing nothing extreme and i felt a flutter in my chest, it scared me! i waited 3 day and was still feeling them but they would come and go, i finaly wen to the emergency room and they did the EKG and said it was fine. So now i have this hoister hooked up to me and have exactly 3 hours before i go back to the hospital to have it removed. I have had Anxiety for a over a year and take 1mg xanax 3 times a day, so now im wondering if it is anxiety related, but it is a scary feeling. When i feel the flutter i have to breath real deep or gasp for a breath of air. Im only 33 and i want to be around for my kids!!

I've had this too for a couple of years. I can feel it building up and then it will skip beats for a while. It seems to flutter. I feel it when I'm lying down at night especially- probably mostly then because I'm not distracted by other things as much, but it happens on and off throughout the day. I've had them hook me up and tell me there's nothing wrong. with a history of heart problems at a young age in my family, I don't want to sit here for the rest of my life with no answers, not even an explanation of sorts. They tell you "don't worry" but you are still left in the same position as you started, no information, an uncomfortable feeling in your heart that wakes you up, a shortness of breath, fainting spells, etc. It doesn't seem like very good medical care when you are left with nothing other than "your chances of dying of this are slim"....that's not the question.
The question is- what the heck is this and how can I stop it (or alleviate it) in the future?....

Yes I am having the same now, initially I went to hospital with chest pains, and shortness of breath, whilst I was hooked up to their machine my heart skipped a beat twice in about 10 seconds, nurse didnt bat an eyelid as if its normal, ECG etc. apparently as all normal so was sent home as healthy, but with no explanation.  Well after that anxiety dropped a lot and things improved but were not completely normal, right now however suddenly I start feeling faint, I check my pulse, its weak and going fast slow fast slow, and missing beats, when beats missed I get a faint burst, my guess is I have a heart condition that comes and goes and just wasnt showing whilst hooked up to the eCG, which I think is why ECG testing is flawed as its only connected for a brief period.

I have also experienced two times in two years very powerful heart flutter, i normally get heart palpations but since I was told dont worry to much about it I never followed it up the heart flutter I got  was both times in the morning, I got up and not to long after felt such a forceful flutter of the heart I got lightheaded and was on the verge of passing out, I felt my head get hot as if it was about to explode almost felt as when the flutter was happening I was losing oxygen in my head. I was very afraid .. I did go by the doctors and they put me on concor, so far I have not gotton any more episodes and I hope this medication is effective and It never comes back.

I have a herniated disc at c4 with spinal cord compression. It's been causing all sorts of problems like acid reflux and irregular heart beat and dizziness when I turn my head to the right. I've never had any of these symptoms before the injury. If you google spinal cord injury a lot of my symptoms are listed. Is it possible that you also have a neck injury?

I knew someone who had a herniated disc and was in so much back pain sometimes he couldn't walk. He was having MRI's and so forth. Well about a month later he died and the autopsy found of a thoracic aneurysm which could have been causing all his symtoms. Nausea, heartburn, neck pain, back pain. He had a completely blocked artery that caused the aneurysm. Might want to get checked out.

I am 34 years old! I have the same problem! My heart skips a beat then I feel like I'm going to pass out! I had test done but supposedly everything is okay! Due to this I've been suffering from panick attacks! It's really scary when this happens because I feel like I'm dying or having a heart attack!! I can't even take my kids to crowded places because I start feeling like I'm going to have an episode! It's changed my life so much! But I ask myself what can it be!

Did you ever find out what was wrong? As i read what you said i feel like i could have written it. It has caused severe anxiety with me too and when i get the episodes I'm honestly terrified I'm going to die

I'm 17 right now and for about a year I had a flutter in my heart like I'm gonna pass out or like a weak feeling in my chest but I think it's just anxiety because I used to think of my heart 24/7 and I always felt like I was gonna die from a heart attack but after a couple months still alive and well I stopped thinking about it and I felt nothing but every time I do think about it or I get scared of a health problem which is what scares me most of the time I get that feeling and idk if I ever skipped a beat in my heart but I know it's not normal or at least I heard it shouldn't happen and I always feel like my heart is weak like not strong enough like I'm gonna have a heart failure but idk hopefully everything is ok with all of you I was just worried cause I'm the youngest person here after reading this.

So 2 days ago I was in the car with my hubby I felt my body go weird something I can't explain .. but I hit my chest and stomped my foot to stop it .. then got a bad blood rush to my head .. this was the scariest one yet ..