Hello all!
I have a problem and want to share it with someone… I am in perimenopause … horrible stage of my life, if you ask me. Besides all sleepless night, which bother me most, I feel this heart fluttering. My heart starts beating very fast. This happens at night usually and it scares me. Is this something I should be worried about?

Hello!
I have the same problem. I talked to my gyn about it and she said that when woman is in perimenopause, heart fluttering may be caused because of the change of hormone levels.
This is what was told to me … I was also worried… but if you still feel scared, I would very warmly recommend you go see your doctor and talk things through.

I also had the same experience. I was out with my friend and my heart started pounding out of my chest. 2 weeks prior while sitting at night watching television my heart beat was very fast and irregular. I went to my doctor telling him that I think I'm close to having a heart attack. My EKG was normal and after talking with him he told me that it was hormonal and it will pass. It did!

I have boughts of racing heart and sweating. Which in turn make me feel very weak. IS THIS NORMAL ? Should I be seeking the advice of a professional orjust riding it out? I'm exhausted and my joints ache. Can anybody share some advice or insight. Oh and of course my moods are here there and everywhere. Periods becoming rather irregular. HELP