Hi all!

I just want to ask a question. My girlfriend and I are not sexually active. However, we fooled around last May 30 and although we didn't have intercourse per se, my penis touched her vagina after I had an ejaculation. On that day, she was supposed to start having her menstruation and actually she did for about half a day. But she took a cold shower and her period stopped. So here's my first question: is it possible for a girl to stop having her period just because she took a cold shower?

Oh, and by the way, she has just started on a new job which requires her to work in the graveyard shift. She has never done something like that her whole life so she's having a bit of a hard time adjusting.

Anyway, now my girlfriend told me that she hasn't had her period since that day. She told me that she had some days when some reddish-brown spotting occurs which usually happens to her prior to her period. But the problem is, it doesn't continue the way it should.

I already did some research and I found the common signs that a girl is pregnant. However, when I asked her, almost NONE of the signs - which includes swelling and tenderness of the breasts, darkening of the areolas, frequent urination, and fatigue - doesn't apply to her. The only thing that does is the reddish brown spotting and I think it's way too early for that.

The only thing that's weird for her right now is that she didn't have a "regular" period and that, at times, she doesn't have any discharge whatsoever. According to her, it's quite normal for a girl to have some discharge, but this time, it's "completely dry."

So here are my other questions:

Am I correct in thinking that it's way too early for her to have the spotting? The first time it happened was the day after we "fooled around." She had a regular menstrual period after that but she took a cold shower and it stopped. That was it. Now it happens intermittently. Sometimes, she gets some sign that she's about to have her period but it doesn't continue. At other times, like I said earlier, she's "completely dry."

What's the probability that she's pregnant? We are both starting to become a little concerned about this so I wanted to ask your opinion.

Is it normal for her to be "completely dry" as she said? What's the reason behind this?

How can I help her with her menstrual period? Is there anything that she can do or take to induce her menstruation?

I really hope you guys can help us with this because we really are starting to get scared. :$

take an early home pregnancy test and good luck

I wouldnt be concerned, because your girlfriend is working a graveyard shift, this could explain her sporatic period. Lack of sleep often induces stress which can really effect a womans cycle. Also symptoms of pregnancy actually include increased vaginal discharge, rather than dryness. Dryness is actually also a symptom of stress. Just to be safe, take a pregnancy test a few days after her next expected period, and check with your doctor. She is likely not pregnant though.
I hope that helped. :-)

Hey thanks a lot! :-) That really helped! That is a big load off our shoulders! :-)

Any idea what she can take or do to help induce her period? I mean aside from a good night's sleep since that is of course impossible.

Take a home pregnancy test. She may be getting herself worked up about it, wich could be the reason for her wacky period. Your probably fine. I know your period stops when you go in the water but it usually comes back. She may just be stressed about something. Both of you, try to relax. I hope this helps.