I had fresh blood in stool during last month and off course, I visited my doctor. He diagnosed me with hemorrhoids. I could guess that was mine problem, so I asked around anything I could find out about hemorrhoids. I have heard vitamin C could improve my condition, so I want to know if that is true. Can you tell me more about connection between hemorrhoids and vitamin C, and something about nutrition I should take?

Foods rich in vitamin C are beneficial for hemorrhoid sufferers, and that is definitely fact you should know. That is because vitamin C may help tone and shrink veins, which are cause of hemorrhoids. Vitamin C also promotes the healing process, which brings faster goals in therapy. In addition to dietary fiber, foods high in vitamin C, zinc, anthocyanins, and flavonoids, may be beneficial for managing hemorrhoids. Eating buckwheat and apples may also improve hemorrhoids. Some recent studies show that this food type contains rutin, which has traditionally been consumed for the management of hemorrhoids. Garlic, dill seed, and sweet clover have also been traditionally used to improve problems as you have with hemorrhoids. What is surprising is that recent study found that skipping breakfast is significantly associated with hemorrhoids. That is why eating breakfast is a wise choice and a great opportunity to bulk up on dietary fiber. Fiber is helpful because it relieves constipation, which is linked to hemorrhoids and which all of us should prevent.

I actually heard that citrus fruits, one of the richest sources of vitamin C, will further aggravate and inflame the hemorrhoids instead... It's kind of a controversial topic.